2017 Mallard M28

Shay911

We have only camped 3 times in our new Mallard. When riding behind my husband pulling it near dark I noticed none of the
running lights are working and when we opened the awning, about 5 inche section of LED lights are black???

Last edited by a moderator:

danemayer

You might test the running lights while hitched to the truck, but they may only come on if the truck lights are on.

If the LED strip has a gap, it will need to be replaced.

Shay911

It was hooked up to the truck and in route on interstate to campground. The brake lights and blinkers work just not runn8ngvlights.

danemayer

I think the running lights might be powered when the truck headlights are on. The blinkers and turn signals are powered separately.

jimtoo

You might check the fuse panel for the truck. Some come without a fuse for trailer lights.

Jim M

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
My 2015 Chevy 2500HD has the auto lights where the headlights come on when the truck is in gear, but the tail lights only come on when it gets dark.

The trailer's running lights only come on when it gets dark, or if I turn the truck lights off of auto and turn them on manually.

FrontRangeTraveler

We have only camped 3 times in our new Mallard. When riding behind my husband pulling it near dark I noticed none of the
running lights are working and when we opened the awning, about 5 inche section of LED lights are black???
For what it's worth, the last thing I do before hitting the road is check that all running lights, brake lights and turn signals work.

Our Mallard has two LEDs on one of the two vertical strips on the front cap that light up eventually. Even though Camping World isn't too concerned, I want that strip replaced. If it were me, I would get the bad strip replaced under warranty.

Good luck with it. I hope you enjoy your Mallard, my wife and I love our M32 so far. We've only had it out 3 times as well, but are looking forward to spring.

Sent from my LG V10 using TapaTalk for Android

JohnD

Our Mallard has two LEDs on one of the two vertical strips on the front cap that light up eventually. Even though Camping World isn't too concerned, I want that strip replaced. If it were me, I would get the bad strip replaced under warranty.

I think there was a recall on those LED lights . . .

Call Heartland with your VIN# handy and they can tell you if you might be affected.

By the by . . . maybe in your travels you can make it one of our Colorado Heartland Owner's Club Rallies . . .

We have a blast!

FrontRangeTraveler

Thanks John, I hadn't considered that there might be a recall. I gather that I can't assume that Heartland will inform owners when a new recall is issued.

A Colorado owner's rally sounds like a good time, we will definitely keep that in mind. I'll check previous welcome messages and the local owner threads to see where to watch for news on upcoming Colorado rallys.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Thanks John, I hadn't considered that there might be a recall. I gather that I can't assume that Heartland will inform owners when a new recall is issued.

A Colorado owner's rally sounds like a good time, we will definitely keep that in mind. I'll check previous welcome messages and the local owner threads to see where to watch for news on upcoming Colorado rallys.

Heartland will send the notice to owners, as long as the dealer has turned in their warranty info so Heartland knows who owns the rig. This said owners were notified 9/1.

http://www.arfc.org/rvs/heartland/mallard/recalls/000059260002008739000000207/recall.aspx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FrontRangeTraveler

Thanks for the link. We bought our Mallard in October 2016, so we missed that one, but it's a 2017 model, so I definitely want that repaired if it can lead to overheating.

I think I'll also verify with Camping World that they turned in our warranty info.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Thanks for the link. We bought our Mallard in October 2016, so we missed that one, but it's a 2017 model, so I definitely want that repaired if it can lead to overheating.

I think I'll also verify with Camping World that they turned in our warranty info.

You'll probably get quicker answers if you contact Heartland directly, and have your vin handy. They can tell you if your unit falls in the recall, and confirm if they have your info on file for the warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnD

A Colorado owner's rally sounds like a good time, we will definitely keep that in mind. I'll check previous welcome messages and the local owner threads to see where to watch for news on upcoming Colorado rallies.

The next two are listed in green in my sig line . . .

But here is a link to find both the Colorado and Mountain Region Rallies:

https://heartlandowners.org/forumdisplay.php/348-Colorado-Chapter

https://heartlandowners.org/forumdisplay.php/342-Mountain-Region