Permanent Fix to Outside Trim

pcm_15

On our 355, I am constantly having to stop and push the trim back in that runs underneath the master bedroom and down the edge of the generator compartment. I have seen other Rvs with same issue. Has anyone found a permanent fix? Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
On our 355, I am constantly having to stop and push the trim back in that runs underneath the master bedroom and down the edge of the generator compartment. I have seen other Rvs with same issue. Has anyone found a permanent fix? Thanks

I used some silicon caulk underneath it and pushed it back in. So far it has held.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nfa1eab

I had Heartland send me a new roll of trim under warranty. Has been there two years and no further issues. I think they had some from a supplier that shrinks with heat and caused the problem.

Sent from my SM-T900 using Tapatalk

olcoon

I used some silicon caulk underneath it and pushed it back in. So far it has held.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did the same thing on our Elk Ridge & it worked for a couple of years or so, then started coming loose again. On the way to the last Goshen rally it came loose again, & I had to keep stopping & putting it back in. Talked to the service team & they came by & replaced it for me. Since then I noticed that it was coming loose or deteriorating in other places. I went to the local RV dealer and they had it in stock. But, at least on our rig there are two different sizes of trim.