Water heater temp

sharmulst

We have a 2006 3500RL that we just took on our first trip. The major problem we found was that the water was not hot. We tried both the electric and propane and best we could determine was that the water didn't even get to 100 degrees. Since the water is such low temperature you can't dilute it with cold water thus there is not enough water for a shower. Also it is not hot enough to wash dishes in. We have to heat water on the stove. The book does say it should be 130 degrees. We are assuming it is a bad thermostat and our dealer is ordering a new one. Could there be any other cause?
Sharon

BluegrassMan

Hi sharmulst:

I had the same problem with our Landmark the first time out or so. The dealer said that I had the Winter By-Pass valve one open and one closed and was letting cold water mix with the hot. After they turned the valve correctly I had hot water.
One of the valves sits at a different angle that the other and I got them wrong I guess. This MAY be your problem, then Maybe not. I'm BLONDE

sharmulst

water heater temp

Thanks for your reply. I think that is probably my problem. I just winterized and in so doing I turned those three valves to opposite positions to by pass water heater. Then when I syphoned the pink antifreeze to fill the lines I see through the translucent water line that there was flow through the upper valve into the tank, which means that that valve was closed in the first place.

sharmulst

water heater temp

Thanks for your reply. I think that is probably my problem. I just winterized and in so doing I turned those three valves to opposite positions to by pass water heater. Then when I syphoned the pink antifreeze to fill the lines I see through the translucent water line that there was flow through the upper valve into the tank, which means that that valve was closed in the first place.