Adding plexiglass backsplash

tlassen

We have a 2017 M231. The kitchen and cooking area has wallpaper which can pickup cooking greases and splashes. We installed Plexiglas sheets overhe wall paper which is easy clean.

RVFun4Us

I also have done this to our 3270 Bighorn. One piece on the right side of the stove and one piece on the sidewall on the left side of the stove. Attached with command velcro strips. Doing great so far. Thinking about putting a piece at the end of the island where we put dog dishes to also catch splatters.

tlassen

Alan...hard to take pics of Plexiglas but here goes. One picture is behind pantry. I fastened to wall with small stainless finish screws and grommet washers. Drill oversized hole through Plexiglas ad small pilot hole into wall. The Plexiglas can be found at Home Depot or Lowes and purchased in a large sheet. I cut on table saw by cutting through masking tape and using 80 tooth blade.

I placed a small 3" strip below kitchen window but hard o show a picture.

The entire project took about one hour. You can slip photos behind the Plexiglas.

Attachments

• Plexi 2.pdf
    75.3 KB · Views: 96
  • Plexi 1.pdf
    62.3 KB · Views: 59

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
On our 2012 Big Country, we added these tile sheets from Home Depot. Easy to clean.
BC backsplash.jpg

olcoon

We also put plexiglass as a back splash on our Elk Ridge. I didn't want to use screws, so I used double faced tape, it's been there with no problems for about 5 years. DW uses it to put stickers of places we've visited.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
We also put plexiglass as a back splash on our Elk Ridge.

DW uses it to put stickers of places we've visited.

We've been getting magnets from the places we've been to and have been plastering them all over the range hood.