Where to install a safe?

Georgia_Biker

We will be going full time within the next few months so we are doing many mods and making changes. We did not order a safe with our BH3875 but, feel a need to mount one somewhere secure. Just a small safe for some documents and personal items is all we need.

Doe anyone have any ideas or recommendations?

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Ours is mounted in the cabinet in the front closet. After working a RV show, I noticed that a lot of the new coaches have the safe mounted behind the living television if the room will let you.

rxbristol

It all depends on how easily accessible you want it. Do you want it built in, portable for quick access, fire proof, or just tucked away. I recommend a fire proof one that is hard to get to.

pegmikef

Dan's safe looks a little bigger than the one HL installed in the same location in my BH. Mine is really small and is limited to small stuff like passports, check books, credit/debit cards, emergency cash and maybe a little documentation and that is about all. Or you would need to whole safe to store a small handgun. I was somewhat disappointed, but with you buying your own you can get a larger one.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I've been using one of these in the rig, with the security cable hidden and hard to access quickly. It will act as a deterrent, but like any safe that isn't mounted to a hard surface, it could eventually be removed by a determined thief. I originally got it for the vehicles, but found a better option for my truck console.

http://www.gunvault.com/mv500-std-microvault.html

Noofear

I hope I did this right, these pictures are from my 3875FB, the first and second should be where it's located and the third shows how it's attached to the wall. There are also predilled holes in the floor of the safe but the shelf has a false bottom.
16a656255d861506f24eebcbf43ee263.jpg
e57a90187ffb0d8c19c49e6de7c31067.jpg
82038f06d899ebd57ab6ac00b91c7254.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I would probably hide it behind the basement wall.

Chances are anyone breaking in to the RV to steal stuff won't go down there looking for a safe.

danemayer

I would probably hide it behind the basement wall.

Chances are anyone breaking in to the RV to steal stuff won't go down there looking for a safe.
John ,

I guess we know where to look for valuables in your Prowler.

olcoon

I had that dilemma when I wanted to put one in our Elk Ridge. Looked around & finally found someplace. Sorry, but I'm not putting the location on the internet. It is accessible, but not in the easiest place to get to, however it is pretty well hidden, and I don't think the normal thief will find it. There are plenty of hidey holes in a camper where you can put a smaller safe you just have to be creative.

danemayer

I had that dilemma when I wanted to put one in our Elk Ridge. Looked around & finally found someplace. Sorry, but I'm not putting the location on the internet. It is accessible, but not in the easiest place to get to, however it is pretty well hidden, and I don't think the normal thief will find it. There are plenty of hidey holes in a camper where you can put a smaller safe you just have to be creative.

Oh c'mon Roy. We all know it's at the bottom of the cat's litter box.:eek:

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We have a fireproof safe that's big enough to hold quite a few file folders. It's hidden but discoverable if you know where to look. But the darn thing's so heavy they'd get a hernia getting it out of the rig!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk