goldway tires on my 2008 3600RL all 4 with bubbles

LSPTpr

Really upset but also kinda happy at same time. just finished my 3400 mile trip around the east coast and then left yesterday for a campground in the area for my sons tennis tourny. We were grilling and something said take a look at the tires. These goldway tires have approx. 6500 miles on them and have always been aired up 100 psi per the tire sides. I found all 4 tires had large bubbles on the inside walls, and 1 tire the inside wall had split apart showing the belts. Luckily i am only 16 miles away from camping world but now will have to make two trips to get new tires put on. Are these Goldways what everyone is calling china bombs? Really upset cause gotta put money out for new tires when these are "new" but happy i found them before they blew causing more damage. Just dont understand how all 4 can be doing the same thing on the inside wall of the tires. any ideas?

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
If you do a search on the forum for Goldways you will find the thread with info about who to contact to get some money back from the company. Be sure to keep the bad tires and take pictures of the bubbles if possible as well as all of the numbers on the sidewalls. We had to send pictures with the DOT number and date of manufacture to the company. They sent us $100 for the tire that had the bubble for us. At least you didn't have one or more of them blow up and damage your trailer or worse yet cause someone to get hurt.

They are really cheap tires (our tire dealer could buy them if they wanted to for $75 or less) and the tires meet the industry standard for RV use, but we are glad to be rid of them.

Good Luck,
Kristy

rob hutch

sorry to near about your tires good thing you caught it before something really happened.I just replaced mine on my 2007 sundance thing about it the old tires were dated 1705 which means 17th week of2005 . So I checked the date on the new ones which was 2208 make sure you check the date on your ones Just a thought

rob hutch

Hey gdog just replaced mine yesterday after reading about them and quite a few on this forum tires were 2005 on a 2007 sundance so i replaced them with good year 225/75 15 e rated radials be sure to check the dates on your new ones we are heading to the grand canyon on thurs sure feel better about the new ones

jimtoo

Hi gdog,
Yes,, They are made in China also. And some have had good service and some have had problems. I had an 06 3055 with Mission tires, 12000 miles or so and no problems. I have an 08 3055 and with less than 6000 miles threw tread (tire did not loose air) and did $2200 damage to my toy. Tireco did take care of damages and replacement tire. But it did take some time. I am now riding on Michlein XPS Ribs.
Jim M

tweber

Founding Wisconsin Chapter Leader-Retired
I would suggest you do a search for threads dealing with tires, blowouts, tire issues, etc. I have a 2006 Big Horn 3600RL. It came with Trail America G rated tires. August 07 I blew 2 in a 10 day period. I now have the GoodYear G614 tires. Heartland does not warranty the tires, but they were very helpful in getting me payment for the tires and unit damage. We are considering a Big Horn 3670 or a Landmark, and GoodYear tires will be part of the deal. Good Luck with your tire issues.

Uncle Rog

LSPTpr, pursue the issue, several of us have had claims honored for new tires / damage from ,as chopperbill coined the phrase, "china bombs".

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
My 2008 3600RL came with Goldways also...had bubbles within the first 2,000 miles. Replaced all 5 with Goodyear G614's immediately. Suggest you contact the supplier, as suggested above. They should still be under warranty...I was reimbursed for the cost of "like" replacement tires...ate the difference and went with Goodyears. Now have around 15,000 miles on them...not one problem!

LSPTpr

got the tires and now home again

did like you all said and bought 4 of the goodyears. couldn't pull the 5er due to one of the china bombs being split open on the sidewall. Had to drive 25 miles and buy tires then bring them back and another goodyear place 1 mile from the 5er put them on. longest 1 mile i think i ever towed. was finally able to get home just in time to change clothes and head off to work. thanks for the advice and i will pursue it. was gonna upload a couple pics of them but my expertise on doing that prevented it.

LSPTpr

goldway tire info and contacts

Well, just got off the phone with the tire company. Followed Ziggy's lead and they are sending me 400 dollars for the tires which will help defray that unexpected cost. Here is the info that i found in case anyone else will need to contact them:
Goldway tires are made by Voma Tire and Unicorn Tire (depends on the DOT number on sidewall of tire).
Voma tire contact is Sandra, who happened to be very helpful and we resolved everything in about 30 min. and 3 phone calls, cause she had to talk to the BOSS. Phone number is 901-672-0817
Unicorn tire is 901-547-5866
All in all i guess it ends good, no damage to my 5er and now have tires that are trustworthy. Only thing that bothers me is why Heartland puts a 75$ tire on a 40K+ 5er :confused::confused::confused: cause I would have paid upfront for the extra peace of mind.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Not sure on this...but I think now they are allowing Goodyears as an un-publicized option! I remember several people saying they talked to the factory and had the upgrade added during production. I too would have gladly paid the difference upfront for reliable tires.

Paul & Nan

Just a quik note folks, when replacing/upgrading tires PLEASE ask to have then balanced......most places dont do it but it makes a lot of sense too....keeps tires on the road and prevents bouncing which has to make for a better ride for your 5er...Paul
P.S. we also upgraded to g614 RST's from goodyear and made it a deal breaker on our new 3670RL (2009). All 5 tires were swapped out/balanced on our new aluminum rims.