Fantastic Fan seems possessed.

Big-B

Greetings,

We have a 2010 Big Horn 3055 and we are having problems with the fantastic fan. While camping in Texas last week I decided to try the fan out. It seemed to work fine. An hour or so later I heard the motor that raised the cover running. It opened up then closed. Half hour or so later it did it again so I got up and checked it. Both switches were still off but it kept cycling on and off. I finally pulled the manual knob out and wound it down. It has been OK since but I am wondering why it keeps cycling up and down when both switched are turned off.

Anyone ever had this?

Thanks,
Brian

jbeletti

I know on units with the rain sensor, if the unit shuts down due to rain, I've heard that they may/will try again later on their own.

But you state that yours if off - so I'm not sure here. Time to call Fantastic :)

TO BETTER SERVE YOU

...and answer your questions about Sales, Order Entry, or troubleshooting the issue(s) with your
fan, please call us toll free at 800-521-0298, fax us at 800-201-4973, or email us using the
link above between the hours of 8:00 am to 5:00 pm EST., Monday thru Friday and ask to speak
with a Fan-Tastic Vent Representative.

Big-B

Thanks for the phone # Jim. I'll call them tomorrow. I may also go up on the roof tomorrow and see if the sensor is dirty or wet.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
A bunch of years ago I had a similar problem with my Fantastic Fan. I called them up and they suggested that I clean the thermostat.
No problems in the past five years after I did that.
The job required some compressed air in a can, Q-tips and some rubbing alcohol.

Peace
Dave

Big-B

Thanks for the reply Dave. I'll take a look at the thermostat tomorrow. I have an air compressor, rubbing alcohol and qtips. Can't hurt to clean it.