Roof Delamination

Sparkie

I have a 2006 Landmark Shenandoah. The luan underneath the rubber epdm has delaminated from the trusses by the bath vent over to the opposite side. It goes from one truss to 4' over to the third truss over. It is ok 6" to 8" in from the sides but in the center is springy and is up approx. 1". I have researched this on our forum and come up with everything from leave it alone it will go down in the summer to I need a $10000 new roof. There is absolutely no signs of water damage. The has been well maintained. The trusses are solid underneath. I spoke with Heartland. He said if it is not spongy (indicating water damage and dry rot) and the epdm is structurally ok, which it is, to wait and see.
I read where 2 people said their roof does this in the winter and flattens out in the summer. Others have screwed it down right through the epdm and then sealed the screws.
So, has anybody had any experiences with this type of problem? As you can guess, I'm trying to avoid a total roof replacement.
Thanks to all'
Peter

nfa1eab

I have a 2006 Landmark Shenandoah. The luan underneath the rubber epdm has delaminated from the trusses by the bath vent over to the opposite side. It goes from one truss to 4' over to the third truss over. It is ok 6" to 8" in from the sides but in the center is springy and is up approx. 1". I have researched this on our forum and come up with everything from leave it alone it will go down in the summer to I need a $10000 new roof. There is absolutely no signs of water damage. The has been well maintained. The trusses are solid underneath. I spoke with Heartland. He said if it is not spongy (indicating water damage and dry rot) and the epdm is structurally ok, which it is, to wait and see.
I read where 2 people said their roof does this in the winter and flattens out in the summer. Others have screwed it down right through the epdm and then sealed the screws.
So, has anybody had any experiences with this type of problem? As you can guess, I'm trying to avoid a total roof replacement.
Thanks to all'
Peter
If you KNOW it's not moisture, screw it down and rubber patch over it. But what else would cause delamination, especially near a bathroom vent, might be wortha look see.

Sent from my SM-T900 using Tapatalk

DBlake

Thanks to all'
Peter

I think I have the same issue you are having, but right in front of my AC unit. What I am seeing is a "swell" under the rubber roof. Looks like an aluminum truss has come loose and is sticking up? I have this on 2 spots (one higher than the other), close to each other. We are taking it in to see what the issue is being we have the extended warranty. We have had issues since day one with our AC and nobody is willing to help us. I have made numerous calls to Heartland with no help. Now we are in yr 2 of our purchase and had to get the ext warranty from GS. Worst case is, I have to cut the roof open, fix it myself and let people know what my experience has been so far. Other issues I had were 1). Faulty electrical on my water heater that fried wires (heartland had me use a mobile repair), 2).loose trap under my shower that leaked for a month and soaked the floor (they wouldnt fix it), 3). my awning from day one has never closed all the way, never resolved, 4).water pump was faulty from day one (no pressure) ... we fixed it ourselves $93. We have had a terrible time with the dealer and heartland in regard to warranty work. Its a shame, we looked at over 150 trailers (and passed up a beautiful Jayco) until we decided on this one and it has pretty much spoiled our "want" to travel. We just never know whats next.

danemayer

I think I have the same issue you are having, but right in front of my AC unit. What I am seeing is a "swell" under the rubber roof. Looks like an aluminum truss has come loose and is sticking up? I have this on 2 spots (one higher than the other), close to each other. We are taking it in to see what the issue is being we have the extended warranty. We have had issues since day one with our AC and nobody is willing to help us. I have made numerous calls to Heartland with no help. Now we are in yr 2 of our purchase and had to get the ext warranty from GS. Worst case is, I have to cut the roof open, fix it myself and let people know what my experience has been so far. Other issues I had were 1). ...We have had a terrible time with the dealer and heartland in regard to warranty work. ...

Hi DBlake,

Have you considered using a different dealer or independent service shop? Also, you should read the GS Ext Warranty to see what's covered and what's excluded. As I recall, their primary coverage focus is on appliances. You should look to see what they say about structural issues and water damage. If you know what's covered and what isn't, you'll be in a better position to discuss with the repair shop.