2013 big horn 3070rl, where is the water system drain valve located?

Roller4tan

Remove the anode rod or plug from your hot water heater after the contents have cooled. Open your faucets to aid in draining the heater tank. On my Bighorn there are no low point drains, so this method will help to get most of the water from the hot water side of the system. Use towels around your repair area.

Gaffer

The fresh water tank drain is near your axles on the off-door side. This is not a low point drain.

Westwind

I think the blue tube is for the fresh water tank and it isn't considered the low point drain, to my knowledge ( I have a 2012 3070RL) the low point is the hot water heater and when you drain it you have drained the water system. Since I have winterized my trailer for the last 7 years successfully what I was told must be right.
To be sure I would call the factory, one never know that was done when manufacturing your unit changes occur during model years, RV's definitely aren't cars.

danemayer

the low point is the hot water heater and when you drain it you have drained the water system. .

On most rigs, the water heater drain is at about the same height as the floor of the pass through basement storage. Even with a drop frame model, the PEX lines for the kitchen and fresh tank are above the coroplast and can be lower than the water heater drain.

PEX typically survives freezing which may be why you haven't noticed a problem.

Also note that draining the water from the water heater will not drain water out of the water pump, or its filter bowl. And if you have a washing machine, it won't help with that at all.

Our Water Systems Guide may be helpful in identifying the various components and answering winterizing questions.