• Club Member Event fee:
  • Non-Club Member fee: $20
  • Potluck: Yes
  • Potluck date: June 10
  • Potluck time:

------------------------------

Additional Info:
------------------------------
https://heartlandowners.org/showthr...-or-Rally-June-9-11-2017?highlight=pymatuning

I posted this in the 2017 Goshen National Rally Discussion thread a while back but because interest is increasing we decided to make this a rally to the big show for those on the way to Goshen but are not participating in the Goshen Pre-Rally events.

"To my fellow HOC members traveling the I80, I79, I76 corridor from the northeast east or southeast on their way to Goshen...Nancy & I are planning to make the trip and arrive Goshen Monday 6/12. Prior to then we are going to stop off for the weekend at Pymatuning State Park near Jamestown PA on the Ohio line. I just checked and there are many, many open sites for that weekend, specifically 82 pet friendly sites. In the very near future I will be booking one of those sites. Once completed I'll post the dates and the site number in this thread. Regardless whether you're planning to go to the national rally or not, if you're free that weekend do join us, book a site! http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/statepar...ning/index.htm"

As Nancy and I are not planning to partake in the pre rally events, as this will be our first national rally, it's not to say we won't leave home early and take our time to make Goshen.
So as I said above, anyone heading that way or with the weekend free, reserve a site.

Mercer, Site 242, 8th
Walker, Site 241, 9th
Fredrickson, Site 239, 9th
Loebrich, Site 208, 8th
Summers, Site 252, 8th
Mike B, Site 237, 9th
Kline, Site 247, 9th
Clause, Site 224, 9th
Glista, Site 250, 9th
Dufek
Anyone else??

With half the rigs coming in at various unknown times Friday, Nancy & I plan to prepare a chicken casserole than can be reheated for any after mealtime arrivals.
We plan to have a Club sponsored breakfast on Saturday morning. The Club will provide eggs, a meat, toast, coffee & juice. Potluck items optional.
Saturday evening we're going with a Potluck supper. The Club will provide the meat (STEAK OR CHICKEN, we'll check with everyone there) so y'all can prepare a side or dessert for everyone to enjoy.
Continental Breakfast likely early Sunday morning before heading to Goshen

MENU ATTACHED!!!

As of 1/16, there were still 21 pet friendly sites open for Fri/Sat in the J200 loop, 8 of which are FHU. The others are electric only. Likely there are other FHU sites within the park but so far we are all in the J200 loop. Reservations and payment must be made on-line at the Reserve America website noted above.

Attachments

• Atendee List Handout as of 5.21.pdf
    349.6 KB · Views: 33
  • MEAL PLAN-Jamestown.pdf
    6.9 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
huoc9s.png

igydxy.png

Jeff_Nora_Hanna

Florida Chapter Leaders
Hey Jamie,

My wife and I will be joining you folks at the rally on our way to Goshen.
Our site number is J244

Jeff & Nora Hanna #2465

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Hey Jamie,

Our site number is J244

Jeff & Nora Hanna #2465

That's great. Everyone will be looking forward to make your acquaintance. As noted, we're running this by the seat of our pants so we'll be making plans on the fly!!
See you there

Lyle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JWalker

Hey Jamie,

Our site number is J244

Jeff & Nora Hanna #2465

That's great. Everyone will be looking forward to make your acquaintance. As noted, we're running this by the seat of our pants so we'll be making plans on the fly!!
See you there

Lyle

Hey Now!! Welcome.

Yeah, we can sit around the campfire a plan our attack on GOSHEN!!!!!

Jeff_Nora_Hanna

Florida Chapter Leaders
Hey Lyle,

We've altered our travel plans in route to the national rally. This change will allow us to arrive in Goshen on Wednesday June 7th.
We have cancelled our reservation in Jamestown.
See ya in Goshen.

travelin2

Hey Lyle,

We've altered our travel plans in route to the national rally. This change will allow us to arrive in Goshen on Wednesday June 7th.
We have cancelled our reservation in Jamestown.
See ya in Goshen.

Not a problem. Look forward to meeting you there!!

We're planning to stop in Jamestown, PA on our way to Goshen but may not get to the State Park until Sunday. Can anyone recommend a campsite along Rt 80 about 100 mi from the PA/NY border as well?

travelin2

We're planning to stop in Jamestown, PA on our way to Goshen but may not get to the State Park until Sunday. Can anyone recommend a campsite along Rt 80 about 100 mi from the PA/NY border as well?

Hi Earnestcrabtree, can't you get there by Saturday??? We'll be chowing down on some goodies yet TBD!! Sunday I'm sure we're all going to be set up in Goshen. Hope you can get in there earlier if not we'll see you in Goshen.
If you're just looking for an overnight stop, there are dedicated RV parking spots in the Ohio TP service areas with a power pedestal of a nominal fee, $20 I think I was told.
As to a stop along 80, try J&D south of the Bloomsburg exit or there is a Yogi Bear CG a few miles south off the Milton exit.

travelin2

Ok, rally #1 is over so we're looking forward to this one enroute to Goshen. Only 8 rigs so far and previous rally goers to boot!! Should be fun and intimate. I'll be working on a menu that is pretty much hands on prepared and such that anyone regardless of arrival on Friday can partake.
Keep checking back...
I'm not dragging that huge EZ UP just our 10x10. I don't see a pavilion in our loop although I'm sure one is somewhere but if anyone else has a smaller one bring it along just in case

iforget

New Jersey Chapter Leader-retired
Ok, rally #1 is over so we're looking forward to this one enroute to Goshen. Only 8 rigs so far and previous rally goers to boot!! Should be fun and intimate. I'll be working on a menu that is pretty much hands on prepared and such that anyone regardless of arrival on Friday can partake.
Keep checking back...
I'm not dragging that huge EZ UP just our 10x10. I don't see a pavilion in our loop although I'm sure one is somewhere but if anyone else has a smaller one bring it along just in case

I know our smaller one is always in the Cyclone for the dogs... yes you can use it if needed.

travelin2

I know our smaller one is always in the Cyclone for the dogs... yes you can use it if needed.

Aww, you'll need yours for the babies. Mike B and Jamie have so we'll be ok!

JWalker

Good news!!!! Family from Boardman Ohio joining us at Jamestown.
Ron, Jen & Aaron Glista. In a 2016 Heartland Wilderness.

Been talking about rallies with them for a year or two. Now just need to get them hooked.

travelin2

Good news!!!! Family from Boardman Ohio joining us at Jamestown.
Ron, Jen & Aaron Glista. In a 2016 Heartland Wilderness.

Been talking about rallies with them for a year or two. Now just need to get them hooked.

Welcome!!!!
It only takes one!!!

Last edited:

travelin2

Bob and Valerie Dufek will be joining us on Saturday. The more the merrier!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.