Let's Welcome Our Newest Maryland HOC Members

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Welcome Will and Michelle (DirtyMax88) from MD. Enjoying their Landmark 365.

Hopefully well I'll see you down the road.

Poofam

Welcome W&M I have a question for you please. Have you found out your TRUE pin weight ? I have the same truck (new to me) and same (advertised) pin weight (Charlston) and need to get a hitch. I have the B&W turnover ball so will get one to use that for a base. I'm just curious on how good this combo pulls. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DirtyMax88

Welcome W&M I have a question for you please. Have you found out your TRUE pin weight ? I have the same truck (new to me) and same (advertised) pin weight (Charlston) and need to get a hitch. I have the B&W turnover ball so will get one to use that for a base. I'm just curious on how good this combo pulls. Thanks

Good morning and thanks! We have not put our truck and trailer on scales yet. We don't have any close to us and we plan on doing that on our next trip to NC, there's a cat scales right off I-77 where we will be. I will tell you, and this is my opinion or experience that our (yours/mine) dually, or the 3500 long bed duallys seem to be the way to go when towing these heavier 5er. Even when we are loaded up, 115 gal aux tank is full of diesel, truck is full of diesel, trailer is packed, etc, it tows GREAT. Now i have not towed a 5er with a single rear wheel truck so i don't have much comparison. But i will tell you, 90% of the time I'm driving one handed and relaxed :), so i think you will be very happy with your new dually. Hope this helps. When i do get the truck and trailer on some scales, i can report back.

Take Care!
Will

Poofam

Thanks Will we are full timers at a campground have had the LM for a year and have never pulled it. I retire in a year then we might hit the road then. As a CDL holder I'm use to big trailers and loads (12' wide 83' long 15'5" high loads) so I'm not a rookie . I'm between a Andersen or B&W hitch the Andersen has a 4,500 lb pin weight I don't want to overload it. Thanks.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Welcome to the club. Hope to meet you at rally soon!

DirtyMax88

Thanks Will we are full timers at a campground have had the LM for a year and have never pulled it. I retire in a year then we might hit the road then. As a CDL holder I'm use to big trailers and loads (12' wide 83' long 15'5" high loads) so I'm not a rookie . I'm between a Andersen or B&W hitch the Andersen has a 4,500 lb pin weight I don't want to overload it. Thanks.

You shouldn't have any issues what so ever. As for the hitches, seems like either are great choices. I believe there is a thread open about those exact two... Good luck and hope to see you around the campgrounds some time!

Will