Replacing Ceiling Fan Suggestions

Buckeye

We have a 2013 Elkridge that has a Intercoastal Ceiling fan that has been nothing but trouble. The first year we had the Rv the light switch went bad and was replaced under warranty. It now appears that the fan motor has died. I called the distributor, Way Interglobal Network, in Indiana and they said they would replace the fan " at cost." When I asked them why they sold Heartland such an inferior fan, their reply was that was all Heartland wanted. My question is what ceiling fans have other owners used to replace their OEM units?

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
X2! Put a Hunter in the 3010. Haven't swapped out the one in our current 3270. It moves air better than in the 3010. But if you're looking to change go with the Hunter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wdk450

Mine broke the blades during transit 3 times, hitting the top of the desk slide. First time I replaced the entire fan, 2nd time I replaced the blades, 3rd time i removed the blades and left the motor and lamp.

I never used it anyways. I prefer a countertop round fan.

Buckeye

Thanks for the replies. What Hunter model did you get? I have three Hunters at home that are over 30 years old and never had any problems.

TxCowboy

Buckeye beat me to the question but here it is again -- which model did you buy? There isn't much clearance between the blades on the OEM fam and I'd be greatly concerned that any replacement unit might impact the slides when they are closed.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Model number unknown but I can tell you it was one of their smaller (blade diameter) units. I modified the mounting area to gain as much height as possible. That will determine by how much the blades will clear the slide fascia.
Not by much!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NYSUPstater

Tho not a HL coach, the ceiling fan we have IMO is a POS. Light works good, but air movement just doesn't seem to be there. Set up a extendable 16"-18" oscillating fan. Works much better.