any suggestions to either low flow or low water pressure

ctfeehan

We are new owners of a Sundance 3012RE and so far loving it with the exception of either low water flow or low water pressure. Therefore, we are looking for suggestions. When connected directly to city water (no regulator and no filter) we don't seem to have very good pressure or flow. We can definitely notice it when taking a shower or using bathroom faucet. Can anyone assist us to helping figure out which it is, please. We have only been camping two years and this is our first year with new coach and located at permanent campground, Looking forward to hearing feedback.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
The first thing that comes to mind is a kinked hose somewhere. I'm not familiar with the Sundance plumbing set up but you should have a way to drain your freshwater system. It should be a valve on a hose that drains below the docking center. With your city water hooked up and on, open this valve and see how the pressure is. Open your access panel behind the docking center and look for any hoses that may be slightly kinked. If you have low pressure throughout the trailer this might be the problem. This is all assuming you have good pressure at your hose end. Good Luck!

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I agree that low pressure when hooked up to city water is caused by a restriction of some sort. The restriction could be from a kinked hose or possibly something stuck in the hose. Sounds like you are in warranty so you might want to have your dealer check it if you are not comfortable checking it yourself.

flyfishing48

Our bathroom sink has pretty low flow and the shower is OK. But I do notice with both of the 5ers we have owned that pressure and flow are better with the pump than with city water. You may want to put some water in the tank and try the pump. It might tell you if it is the problem is early in the plumping run ( before the pump)

kurt999

Try a larger diameter hose.
I nolonger tow our unit and had the same problem at the campground. I built my own hose
If your using a 1/2" hose it will restrict the water flow.
You can buy water hose in bulk. Build your own making sure that the ends you install are not smaller than the hose.
If you are using a filter it may be restricting the flow. Make sure it's a least 3 gal./min.
Good Luck