Considering Mallard M32--A/C use in warm climates and overall

klp605

We are looking at upgrading to the 2017 Mallard M32. Any owners with experience camping in the south with this model or a similar Mallard model? How does the a/c keep up?

Also, any other pro's or con's with this model?

We are a family of 4~2 children, 8 and 10.

jimtoo

Hi klp605,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I'm sure some of our other owners will jump in soon with some info for you.

Enjoy the forum and hope to see you at a rally.

Jim M

Chopperno1

We are also a family of 4 with 8 and 10 year old children. We have had it out 2 times so far but has not been hot enough to comment on the AC's abilities. I will find out for sure in may when we go to Collier County SP. It has plenty of room. Love having the outdoor kitchen as we hang outside most of the time. I put a microwave on the counter, have the refrigerator, TV, sink, BBQ. I added a Y gas valve at the low pressure lap and use a outdoor 2 burner stove with over as well.

klp605

We are also a family of 4 with 8 and 10 year old children. We have had it out 2 times so far but has not been hot enough to comment on the AC's abilities. I will find out for sure in may when we go to Collier County SP. It has plenty of room. Love having the outdoor kitchen as we hang outside most of the time. I put a microwave on the counter, have the refrigerator, TV, sink, BBQ. I added a Y gas valve at the low pressure lap and use a outdoor 2 burner stove with over as well.

Thank you. That is good to know as my husband and I talked about if it was a possibility with this model and forgot to look. We have a Road Trip LX that we heavily use.

PeterS

We are a fam of five, plus two dogs and camp all around the Houston-Austin-Dallas, TX areas. I.e. it is HOT in the summer.

The single AC unit suffices during evening/nights IMO, set to ~75F it does not run continuously ... it can feel stiffy if everyone is indoors during the hottest time of day (12-3 p.m.-ish), but why would you be indoors if it is sunny out - lol.

The unit is wired for a second AC above the master, however we have not seen the need for it.

As far as other PROs/CON's are concerned, there are no major negatives - hence our choosing of this model. There are ample mods that one can do as you can read on this forum, most are the result of personal preferences and general camping gadgets to help.

A light by the power/sewer hookup would be beneficial if hooking up at night, i.e. bring a camping lantern.

The outdoor kitchen is great, removing the grill for storage is a bit of extra work as it cannot stay attached for travel.

Overall we prefer this make/model over MANY other units we have reviewed over the years.

klp605

We are a fam of five, plus two dogs and camp all around the Houston-Austin-Dallas, TX areas. I.e. it is HOT in the summer.

The single AC unit suffices during evening/nights IMO, set to ~75F it does not run continuously ... it can feel stiffy if everyone is indoors during the hottest time of day (12-3 p.m.-ish), but why would you be indoors if it is sunny out - lol.

The unit is wired for a second AC above the master, however we have not seen the need for it.

As far as other PROs/CON's are concerned, there are no major negatives - hence our choosing of this model. There are ample mods that one can do as you can read on this forum, most are the result of personal preferences and general camping gadgets to help.

A light by the power/sewer hookup would be beneficial if hooking up at night, i.e. bring a camping lantern.

The outdoor kitchen is great, removing the grill for storage is a bit of extra work as it cannot stay attached for travel.

Overall we prefer this make/model over MANY other units we have reviewed over the years.

Thank you PeterS. We ended up negotiating the 2nd A/C in our purchase. The pre-wire was in the bunk area. Considering our son's medical conditions, especially heat intolerance, we didn't want to take any chances.

We also looked at many similar models from various manufacturers. In the end Heartland won and we preferred the M32 over the NT 32BUDS because of the exterior door for the bathroom.

CW has a couple weeks to make the corrections found during our PDI. We are sure hoping it is ready when we return from Florida.