Warranty rules

donmogey

1-24-17---- We are in Indio Ca until April 1. Need warranty work done but no Heartland dealer here and closest is either 75 miles away in Colton or 86 miles away in Quartsite. Will Heartland authorize a mobile repair to diagnose?
Anyone experience this? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-G900V

Last edited by a moderator:

BigJim45

Luv'n Life
You will need to get prior approval from Heartland for a mobile tech. You will have to pay for any trip charges.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Lynn1130

Heartland Customer Service 574-262-8030 can tell you if there is a dealer or mobile service that is already authorized. Once the repair is diagnosed they will have to approve the charge prior to service. Generally you will have to pay for the repair and submit the invoice to Heartland for reimbursement and the service call charge will not be covered.

SNOKING

1-24-17---- We are in Indio Ca until April 1. Need warranty work done but no Heartland dealer here and closest is either 75 miles away in Colton or 86 miles away in Quartsite. Will Heartland authorize a mobile repair to diagnose?
Anyone experience this? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-G900V

What is the problem you are having? Chris

donmogey

Induction cook top quit working. Comes on, shows temp or heat number, then just starts blinking then turns off.

Sent from my SM-G900V

donmogey

Heartland Customer Service 574-262-8030 can tell you if there is a dealer or mobile service that is already authorized. Once the repair is diagnosed they will have to approve the charge prior to service. Generally you will have to pay for the repair and submit the invoice to Heartland for reimbursement and the service call charge will not be covered.
Thanks. I will call.

Sent from my SM-G900V

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Just a quick question, do you have a pan on the burner? You have to have a conductive pan on the stovetop for the burner to operate, it does not heat up without an Induction-ready piece of cook wear on the burner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

donmogey

Just a quick question, do you have a pan on the burner? You have to have a conductive pan on the stovetop for the burner to operate, it does not heat up without an Induction-ready piece of cook wear on the burner.

Yes. We use mostly cast iron and a couple of induction ready pans. We keep a little magnet on our fridge.
Thank goodness we have a butane portable burner with us as a "just in caser".
BTW- We winter in Indio till April 1 then head for Texas again. 3rd time there. San Antonio for Fiesta April 23- May 2.

- - - Updated - - -

You will need to get prior approval from Heartland for a mobile tech. You will have to pay for any trip charges.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
Met you at the Silverton Rally

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Yes. We use mostly cast iron and a couple of induction ready pans. We keep a little magnet on our fridge.
Thank goodness we have a butane portable burner with us as a "just in caser".
BTW- We winter in Indio till April 1 then head for Texas again. 3rd time there. San Antonio for Fiesta April 23- May 2.

- - - Updated - - -

Met you at the Silverton Rally

Ok, sorry you are having issues. We still have a portable induction burner that we bought from our previous rig, I guess that's our "just in case". I love our induction cooktop.

NYSUPstater

Not to be a smart alec, but this is why we will order ours w/ a gas stove and oven "just in case we lose power". Gas stoves have been around since the "ice age" (LOL) and you don't hardly ever hear of them not working.