Landmark Sewer Hose & Fittings Storage

paulh

This modification keeps all your sewer related items right at the sewer drop. I got these tubes from http://dwincorp.com. They come complete with hinged and locking caps, are accessable from both ends and are custom cut to length. I believe it's 71.5" from outside to outside of frame for most Heartland models. The fittings box is made of 24 ga. "black matte" sheet metal, which is a baked on finish. JR Products makes the access hatch, part #ZE102-A, which comes polar white but I painted with Krylon "Fushion" plastic paint - satin black. I can carry 2-15' hoses in 2 tubes and a 5' & 10' in the third tube.

Attachments

• #1.jpg
    #1.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 121
  • #2.jpg
    #2.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 109
  • #3.jpg
    #3.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 100
  • #4.jpg
    #4.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 101
  • #5.jpg
    #5.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 110
  • #6.jpg
    #6.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Re: Landmark Sewer Hose & Fittings Storage

Very nice job
I like the box too.
You'll like them there, very convenient....

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

paulh

Thanks Jerrod - they have been working great. It's nice to have choices of hose to use.

busted2341

I love the idea. Do you have dimensions on the box and was that custom or can you buy or recommend a box. My next project!!

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
Paul:

Loved your idea when you showed it to us at Havasu! I am trying to copy it but need to figure out how to make it work with the Lippert Waste Mgmt system. THe head doesn't come off and won't fit inside the tubes! Any ideas?

paulh

Re: Landmark Sewer Hose & Fittings Storage

Paul:

Loved your idea when you showed it to us at Havasu! I am trying to copy it but need to figure out how to make it work with the Lippert Waste Mgmt system. THe head doesn't come off and won't fit inside the tubes! Any ideas?

Garry - that Lippert head is just so darn big - let me think on it awhile.

- - - Updated - - -

I love the idea. Do you have dimensions on the box and was that custom or can you buy or recommend a box. My next project!!

It's totally custom - just took my drawing to a local sheet metal shop and had it fabricated and then I added the hatch and mounted it. Let me scan my drawings and I will post them later.

paulh

Frank - Here is my drawing for the storage box. You may have to alter dimensions to fit your particular mounting location.

Attachments

• Sewer Fittings Storage Box Drawing.pdf
    347 KB · Views: 105

paulh

Paul:

Garry - I looked at the http://dwincorp.com site thinking they might have larger diameter tubes but did not see one. You may call them and see if they have any suggestions. Also, Valterra makes larger diameter tubes but they are not custom cut-to-length so you may have to mount them differently.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Paul:

Garry you could make up a box just like Paul's box and door the put a storage tube going out the back side of the box.
Then you'd be able to slide the whole thing into the box and close the door.
I would make the box big enough to fit the hose with the end on it and all of the other fittings to like Paul did.

Hope that make sense.

Jerrod

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Frank - Here is my drawing for the storage box. You may have to alter dimensions to fit your particular mounting location.
Paul your drawings are sure alot better then mine.

Sorry we never found time to exchange ideas in Havasu. Hope to see you guys again soon.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
Where did the piece that is seen in the middle tube come from?

This modification keeps all your sewer related items right at the sewer drop. I got these tubes from http://dwincorp.com. They come complete with hinged and locking caps, are accessable from both ends and are custom cut to length. I believe it's 71.5" from outside to outside of frame for most Heartland models. The fittings box is made of 24 ga. "black matte" sheet metal, which is a baked on finish. JR Products makes the access hatch, part #ZE102-A, which comes polar white but I painted with Krylon "Fushion" plastic paint - satin black. I can carry 2-15' hoses in 2 tubes and a 5' & 10' in the third tube.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Where did the piece that is seen in the middle tube come from?
I have one of those too. I've had it for 10 or 15 years and have no clue of where I got it.
I'm thinking it was Camping world.
Mine is 3 pieces that slid into one another so it goes down to about 3' and extends to almost 9'
The thing works great.

paulh

What you're seeing in the middle tube is 3"x 5' PVC piping ripped in half. I found it to be a little flimsy so really haven't used it for awhile. Thinking of doing the same thing in ABS.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I found it.
This is what I've been using for years, it works perfect for so many situations.

http://www.thomassonsrv.com/product/602136/EASY-SLIDER-HOSE-SUPPORT.html

602136_3.jpg