Landmark Upgraded Entry Step Light

paulh

I didn't think the small marker light used to light the entry step was substantial enough so I changed it out with a porch light and LED bulb. I also got tired of having to use the remote to turn the light on and off so I installed a wall switch and just for fun made it a lighted switch. Now we know for sure when it's on or off.

Attachments

• #1.jpg
    #1.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 383
  • #2.jpg
    #2.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 344
  • #3.jpg
    #3.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 354
  • #4.jpg
    #4.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 343

paulh

Very nice job. I like the lighted switch. How hard was it to fish the wires up into that insulated wall ?

Thanks Jerrod - I took the door casing off and came up through the floor behind that door casing and went up. Then had to drill horizontally through the aluminum door framing to my cut-out hole for the switch. I just covered up that drill hole in the door frame with a white plug - don't even notice it.

Mrsfish

Ann - now that is funny!! I just hadn't ever got around to posting all my mods - hope you don't mind cuz there's more coming.

oh - I'm just ****** cause I had both of you at a rally 2 weeks ago and I didn't look.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Thanks Jerrod - I took the door casing off and came up through the floor behind that door casing and went up. Then had to drill horizontally through the aluminum door framing to my cut-out hole for the switch. I just covered up that drill hole in the door frame with a white plug - don't even notice it.

I was thinking you might have went that way. thanks Paul nice work

Where did you get the cool lighted switch?
Did you change the bulb to a brighter bulb?
My problem is not forgetting to turn OFF the light, I just forget to turn it ON in the first place!!
Great mod, thanks for sharing.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

jbeletti

Oh boy- what have we created here? Mod maniac meets mod monster

I love it! Mod Maniac and Mod Monster :)

Seriously though, with Jerrod, Duane, Paul and SO MANY others on this forum, sharing their RV modifications with readers, it serves to give other owners ideas on how to make their RV their own and how to get more out of their RV and their RV liestyle.

Love it, love it. Keep on documenting and sharing!

paulh

Where did you get the cool lighted switch?
Did you change the bulb to a brighter bulb?
My problem is not forgetting to turn OFF the light, I just forget to turn it ON in the first place!!
Great mod, thanks for sharing.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

The lighted switch is made by JR Products - available through many RV parts stores and online. The bulb in the switch cannot be changed but I did put a little brighter LED bulb in the light fixture.

paulh

Thanks Rod - looking forward to seeing you and Kelly again at the Silver Lake rally.

Showbiz

I didn't think the small marker light used to light the entry step was substantial enough so I changed it out with a porch light and LED bulb. I also got tired of having to use the remote to turn the light on and off so I installed a wall switch and just for fun made it a lighted switch. Now we know for sure when it's on or off.

I just purchased a Landmark 365 and feel somewhat ignorant in not knowing how to turn this step light on. I've had Teton prior to this unit and it went on with the porch light. I've tried all option and to no avail. I noticed you said "remote" to turn light on. What am I missing?

danemayer

I just purchased a Landmark 365 and feel somewhat ignorant in not knowing how to turn this step light on. I've had Teton prior to this unit and it went on with the porch light. I've tried all option and to no avail. I noticed you said "remote" to turn light on. What am I missing?

If this is the type of control panel you have, it may be an unmarked switch such as shown.
Step Light Switch annotated.jpg

It's also possible you may have a switch at floor level near the entry door.

Showbiz

I've looked at every option and their are no unmarked switches. I have tried every switch there is and no light. He mentioned remote and I thought their was a remote to operate the light I was not aware of having. Thanks for the reply.

paulh

I've looked at every option and their are no unmarked switches. I have tried every switch there is and no light. He mentioned remote and I thought their was a remote to operate the light I was not aware of having. Thanks for the reply.

You should have received a Lippert "Linc" Wireless Touch Remote with your coach. I can't believe your salesperson did not familiarize you with it. The remote will control several functions such as slideouts, awning and landing gear, among others. Your step light is also controlled here via the icon in the lower right corner of the remote on the login screen. Hopefully this helps - I also have the configuring directions for the remote if you need them.

Attachments

• Linc Touch Remote.jpg
    Linc Touch Remote.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 79

jbeletti

You should have received a Lippert "Linc" Wireless Touch Remote with your coach. I can't believe your salesperson did not familiarize you with it. The remote will control several functions such as slideouts, awning and landing gear, among others. Your step light is also controlled here via the icon in the lower right corner of the remote on the login screen. Hopefully this helps - I also have the configuring directions for the remote if you need them.

Paul,

Landmark 365 does not come with the remote control.

Kenneths

Which unit do you have? Post the year and model and someone will be able to help you.