The Loss of A Heartland Friend

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
It saddens me to bring the news of the loss of a Heartland friend. Hank Vogt passed away on Tuesday due to cancer. Many of us from the Northeast know Hank and Phyllis from the Pennsylvania chapter. They traveled to many rallies in the NE and SE. And multiple National rally's.

Hank mentioned multiple times, about wishing he would've found his Heartland family sooner. He loved to see his camping friends.

From zipping around in his three wheeled Zappy, to talking about his many dents and dings from his traveling adventures, That's how I'll remember Hank Vogt.

To a good man and a great friend.

2ps24y1.jpg

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Oh wow. Prayers for the rest of the family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chaplady

Did not know Hank as long as many but in the short time we did we enjoyed his many stories.
RIP Hank Bill& Liz

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Prayers of comfort for those grieving the loss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rottiesmom

New York Chapter Leader - retired
Rest in Peace Hank Jim and I will surely miss you. It was an honor and pleasure to have known you and enjoyed all your stories, you were one of a kind. Don't worry I'll make sure the globe is always lit and think of you each time (Hank would always say when he saw me is the globe on top of our flagpole lit). Prayers for Phyllis and their family.

Last edited:

clickers

Met Hank when we bought identical rigs in 2013. What a lovely man. Prayers to Phyllis and family for strength and guidence

OEFVET

I did not know Hank as long as many other HOC members but we did have some great conversations. My most recent memory of him was how happy he was to have some delectable Scrapple from last years season kickoff rally in Lancaster. Thank you for your service to our country Hank! Prayers to Phyllis and family.