thetford water module/valve leaking

hank0123

2017 wilderness 2450. came home to water spraying out from the water connection in to the thetford toilet. changed the hose and found it leaking from the water module. the thing is, it doesn't even look like I can access the screws to remove it. does the entire toilet need to be removed? what a mess of water throughout the trailer. thanks

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
You might get some help in the "Tools" area located at the top tool bar on each page here on the forum.
Here is a link to the Thetford toilet information found in Tools. [LINK]

Peace
Dave

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
I have replaced the water valve on my previous, older 2010 North Trail 31 BDSS, RV without removing the toilet. It was a bit of a pain but can be done if you have enough clearance behind to get your hands in to remove the valve.

On the other hand, The toilet valve replacement kit that I used contained a replacement toilet seal and the toilet is only bolted down using two bolts so it may not be that much of an issue to pull the toilet and replace the valve and toilet seal.

Either way, you still will need enough clearance to remove the waterline from the valve. If you have enough clearance to disconnect the waterline at the valve, you probably have enough clearance to replace the valve.

It is not hard to replace. Not sure why your valve is leaking but make sure to fully winterize your valve to prevent this issue from occurring in cold weather during storage.

Here is the link to Thetford Aqua-Magic V water moduler service kit instructions.
http://www.thetford.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Service-Kit-31705-Water-Module.pdf

The retaining screw is accessible from the underside, Head of screw facing floor, and can be undone once the waterline it disconnected from the water module.

The locking tab and remaining instructions are pretty straight forward and relatively easy to do. You may want to use a small mirror to visually locate the screw and locking tab etc either before or as you work. You can also use the replacement module as a reference if you cannot see exactly what your doing.

Last edited:

Ldo

Avoid this mess again by turning off water supply valve at the faucet whenever you leave the rig except for walks around the park.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

farside291

Also, in freezing weather just blowing out the lines with air will not always remove the tiny bit of water that is left inside the water valve (about a thimble full). Antifreeze ran through the toilet lines while flushing will ensure the water is removed and the valve doesn't freeze and crack. There may be other ways to remove the water but this guarantees no water in the valve.

Gaffer

Install a shutoff valve. Easy to do.

Attachments

• 20161005_170359.jpg
    20161005_170359.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 45

benrobert

Some people have lived in recreational vehicles. Therefore, the options when an RV toilet breaks are to remove an old RV toilet or look for repair instructions.
Just like in any other home, toilets are necessary in an RV. Therefore, keep reading if you're interested in learning how to remove/install a toilet from your RV and other suggestions to make the job simpler.