Cyclone - Fresh water tank

Fordfxr

I have a 2016 Cyclone 4000 and was wondering if someone could tell me how to drain the fresh water tank. There is three low point drains, two on right side and one on the left. I feel like the one on the left is it but not sure.

im_1406

I have a 2016 Cyclone 4000 and was wondering if someone could tell me how to drain the fresh water tank. There is three low point drains, two on right side and one on the left. I feel like the one on the left is it but not sure.

You are correct - it is generally the single drain you have identified. Open and let flow......

Last edited by a moderator:

porthole

Retired
I would suggest that if you really want to know, remove enough self tapping screws on the left side near the drain and look for yourself.

When my trailer was new, draining the fresh water tanks only drained one tank, and because of the crossover left 150-20 gallons of water in the 2nd tank.

You should have two freshwater tanks, about 50-55 gallons each

Lynn1130

The right side should have a red and a blue. Those are low point drains (hot and cold). The left is your fresh water drain.

porthole

Retired
The right side should have a red and a blue. Those are low point drains (hot and cold). The left is your fresh water drain.

You have the same model we do, you should also take a look to see how your tanks fill, vent, level and drains are achieved.

Lynn1130

You have the same model we do, you should also take a look to see how your tanks fill, vent, level and drains are achieved.

Long story but after a crossover leak that soaked the POS board that was installed under the tanks I replaced the board with 3/4 ply. In that process I had three overflow extensions installed that now vent below the undercover. They have shutoffs on each them. As I fill they begin overflowing in an order and when the first one overflows I shut it off, as well as the second when it starts to leak. I leave the third one open until I have stopped the input. I then shut that one off. That assures that I do not end up at my camp with 3/4 full tanks from sloshing and leaking. The overflow/pressure escape at the fill point has been disconnected so I do not worry about that filling with water and allowing an overfill of tanks (which I had previously). I have a water meter and know that full tanks/lines and water heater is 114 gals so I know when to shut down. I pretty much have this one down to a science.

porthole

Retired
Do your tanks have the small sump on the left side center bottom to allow all the water out of the tank?

These are my original tanks before replacement, but after adding bulkhead fitting to the bottom of both tanks

These are my replacement tanks. If you look at the 3rd picture you can see the sump for the drains.

The first picture is the forward tank. The PEX line is T'd here at the drain.
Forward it goes to my UDC and is how I fill the tanks.
To the rear it goes to the rear tank drain and the tank drain valve.

Lynn1130

Mine has "overflow" fittings that do not flow until the tank is full. I hear air escaping from them as the tanks fill. The rear tanks fills first and then the front tank. My drain valve is on the front of the forward tank.

Lynn1130

They both drain through the one drain under the UDC and the crossover is right at the bottom level of the two tanks so almost all drains out. I do get a little out of the drain from side to side or back and forth movement when the tank is done draining but very little and since I leave the drain open when done and going down the road it clears the tanks well.

porthole

Retired
My crossover is a 1.5" fitting about 3-4 inches up from the bottom.