Your opinion - Camping Worlds' extended warranty

carl.swoyer

My brother in law has purchased a new travel trailer.
My question is ,
What is your opinion on Camping Worlds extended warranty. I purchased Cornerstone extended warranty and was extremely happy. But they are buying from camping world.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Jim-Lynn

Re: Your opinion

Watch the fine print in ANY extended warranty. Before we upgraded to our Cyclone, we had a Motor coach, lots of problems, and when manufacturers warranty ran out, 1 year, we had the 2 motors for the side out go. We were then advised you can only use the extended warranty once. We used it and got rid of the unit. I did not purchase the extended with my Cyclone, felt we did not need it for what it covered.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...

We bought the NCompass* extended warranty that our dealer sold us on our previous 2013 Heartland Trail Runner.

They (NCompass) left us hanging and refused coverage on a blown wheel bearing 1000 miles from home.

Then, to add insult to injury, when we tried to use it again on a close to $4000 repair, they offered to pay $150.00 of it . . . after our $150.00 deductable.

We dumped the Trail Runner a week after getting it fixed and bought our Prowler and skipped the extended warranty.

* NCompass has changed their name several times since then (most likely because of all the ripping off they were known for), so be sure to read the fine print before you drop a dime on any extended warranty for your RV.

happykraut

In most cases an extended warranty is a waste of money. Put the money that you were going to spend in the bank and let it draw interest. When you have a problem, use that money.

Abear79

Just be very careful when thinking about an extended warranty. My experience has been a false sense of security. Plus you might have to do and keep good records on all maintenance. Read it very well so you wont be surprised on what can void your extended warranty.

Jim.Allison

Just be very careful when thinking about an extended warranty. My experience has been a false sense of security. Plus you might have to do and keep good records on all maintenance. Read it very well so you wont be surprised on what can void your extended warranty.

Exactly, AND most people wind up borrowing the money in the financing of the rig. BTW, I have been behind the basement wall, and there are no mechanical ghost back there, EVERYTHING on our rigs are repairable. Dealers charge so much money to fix a rig because we are willing to pay for it. I can do the same work, better, for less money. And so far my BC has NEVER shaded the door of a dealer since it left in October 2013. I cancelled my extended warranty and got the remaining funds back in my pocket.

Abear79

Exactly, AND most people wind up borrowing the money in the financing of the rig. BTW, I have been behind the basement wall, and there are no mechanical ghost back there, EVERYTHING on our rigs are repairable. Dealers charge so much money to fix a rig because we are willing to pay for it. I can do the same work, better, for less money. And so far my BC has NEVER shaded the door of a dealer since it left in October 2013. I cancelled my extended warranty and got the remaining funds back in my pocket.

Plus if you are in the owners club get discount on parts. And Shops keep your coach for way to long to do work. I park mine indoors and I once had my coach sit at a shop for 2 months. not cool, had to go pick it up to go on trips then bring it back. Im out, Ill fix my own for now on.