Landmark Rear Electric Stabilizers

paulh

There is about an 8' overhang from my rear level-up legs to the rear of the coach and we were experiencing a little movement when sitting on the rear couch. I installed a set of Ultra-Fab rear electric stabilizers (part #39-941602) and am real happy with the support. I ran their power cord up into my electric power cord reel compartment and spliced into the 30 amp circuit supplying the power cord reel - perfect, and of course I won't be using them both at the same time. I then used the same access hatch for the cord reel switch to install a second rocker switch (Ultra-Fab part #17-101012) and mounted both rocker switches on a backing plate (Ultra-Fab part #00-000009). I then repainted and clear coated the access hatch and remounted it hinge down to look and work a little better.

Attachments

• #1.jpg
    #1.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 181
  • #2.jpg
    #2.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 163
  • #3.jpg
    #3.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 175
  • #4.jpg
    #4.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 154

Mrsfish

Probably one of the biggest mistakes we made was removing the rear stabilizers when we added the after market 6 pt level up. Wish all the time that we still had them

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Once again nice job Paul you do amazing work. The switches came out really nice.
I've considered this mod but haven't done it for 2 reasons
#1- our Trailer is really pretty stable haven't seem to need it so far.
#2- I really love the ease of 1 button to set up and 1 button to take down and we are heading down the road.
I'm not saying I won't do it !!! LOL

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

paulh

Once again nice job Paul you do amazing work. The switches came out really nice.
I've considered this mod but haven't done it for 2 reasons
#1- our Trailer is really pretty stable haven't seem to need it so far.
#2- I really love the ease of 1 button to set up and 1 button to take down and we are heading down the road.
I'm not saying I won't do it !!! LOL

Thanks Jerrod - yeah, every floorplan has it's little differences. It really helped me a lot.

porthole

Retired
Since my LevelUp was installed post sale I still have my electric stab jacks. I don't use them all the time, but Ido use them. Helps when the two pups start roughhousing in the trailer and they get pushed to the garage.

I can tell you that if you have the stab jacks down and attempt to move the trailer any significant amount with the levelUp, you will bend something - and if you really want to know - go ahead and ask :rolleyes:

Bones

Since my LevelUp was installed post sale I still have my electric stab jacks. I don't use them all the time, but Ido use them. Helps when the two pups start roughhousing in the trailer and they get pushed to the garage.

I can tell you that if you have the stab jacks down and attempt to move the trailer any significant amount with the levelUp, you will bend something - and if you really want to know - go ahead and ask :rolleyes:

I have two little ones that literally jump from their ladders onto the floor and even without level up and those stabilizers down the trailer moves. I'll be bold and ask was the bending involving lots of crunching metal?

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
We have the original 4pt level up system on our 2011 Landmark. Interesting, they kept the rear electric stabilizers on and they are integrated into the Level Up system. As soon as the 4 hydraulic jacks get the rig level, the system automatically deploys the electric stabilizers. Never did understand why they took this feature off the RVs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Wow I was thinking about that yesterday. That would be nice if you could get it to work with the Level-up system.
I guess it's possible.
Good to know

paulh

It does sound like a nice feature but I think I'd still prefer to have them separate because I don't use them every set-up.

porthole

Retired
We have the original 4pt level up system on our 2011 Landmark. Interesting, they kept the rear electric stabilizers on and they are integrated into the Level Up system. As soon as the 4 hydraulic jacks get the rig level, the system automatically deploys the electric stabilizers. Never did understand why they took this feature off the RVs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As you know, 4 jack systems are few and were the prelude to what we have now. When the 6 jacks came out the programming in the control and stab jacks were seen as not needed.

I asked Bob T about upgrading the control to allow those that had stab jacks and 6 point and at the time he said it was coming. That was at Goshen 2011.