Water pump stutters

erond

The water pump in our 26RKS "stutters" when running, rather than true on/off cycling. It sounds like it is roughly 5Hz cycle. Shouldn't the pressure/demand system have a longer on-off-on period?

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
erond, does it do it with the faucet full on or just partially opened? It's somewhat normal for that to occur when not using much water. You should be able to go to the shurflo web site www.shurflo.com and view a manual for your model pump. I think they can be adjusted. You'll need your pumps madel number.

erond

It does the same on both the kitchen and bath faucets, partly or fully open.

I'll check out the Shurflo site and see if there is anything interesting, though.

Thanks!

Last edited:

fdechaine

I have the same model and I had the same problems initially and did the following
1) cleaned out the flow restrictor on the kitchen faucet and bathroom .. lots of junk had collected there and that let the water flow better.
2) put some padding between the water lines feeding the pump, especially where the lines crossed over each other and that helped reduce the rattling

Hope this helps
Frank

erond

erond, any news on your water pump?

I went to the Shurflo site and got information on adjusting the demand pressure, but I haven't had a chance to try anything yet. I'm currently working on making a replacement for the screen door to give us a doggy-door.

I'll hopefully have more information on both this weekend.

jbsiii

We just found out that we had a kink in the supply line from the tank to the pump. You might be experiencing the same thing, with slightly different symptoms.

ptillett

And I thought all that pump racket was normal. :) (my first RV). Thanks. Need to take a look at things, just in case.

erond

Well, now I don't know. It's not doing it now. It's now "pummmmmp... pause. pummmmp... pause", as I'd expect.