Holding Storage door up on Slide Side

rvansnick

Hi,
I have a new 2008 Cyclone 3795 and my question is if there should have been a hydralic cylinder to hold the storage compartment door up on the slide side of the coach. There is nothing to hold the door open except using your head as the Slide is in the way and there is no latch to hold it open. i noticed on a picture on the internet of a 2009 model which had a hydralic arm to hold the door up. Does the factory offer this upgrade??

Thank you,

Rick VanSnick
2008 Cyclone 3795

G

gregd

Yes, on the Bedroom slide side there should be a strut to hold the cargo door open. Do you see any drilled holes as if one might have been on? If not please contact me at the factory so we can send you one. Thank you, Greg /Cyclone/Razor Division

NewCyclone

Yes, on the Bedroom slide side there should be a strut to hold the cargo door open. Do you see any drilled holes as if one might have been on? If not please contact me at the factory so we can send you one. Thank you, Greg /Cyclone/Razor Division

Greg,

I also have the 2008 3795 Cyclone with no lift support for the cargo door on the side of the slide out. Would like more information on getting this from the factory please.

NewCyclone

Hi,
I have a new 2008 Cyclone 3795 and my question is if there should have been a hydraulic cylinder to hold the storage compartment door up on the slide side of the coach. There is nothing to hold the door open except using your head as the Slide is in the way and there is no latch to hold it open. i noticed on a picture on the internet of a 2009 model which had a hydraulic arm to hold the door up. Does the factory offer this upgrade??

Thank you,

Rick VanSnick
2008 Cyclone 3795

Rick,

I also have this problem. Did the factory help you out and if yes, how did you contact them? I would like to get this added to my trailer as well.

bigredtruck

We have the struts on our 3210 but IMHO they are not long enough. the doors are propped open right at forehead level and I can't tell you how many times I have hit my head on them.

truknutt

Committed Member
I had asked this very question regarding the UDC door struts back in January. I ended up having to order the struts through my dealer.

If only the door opening was moved a tad towards the rear of the coach so the door would clear the bedroom slide.:rolleyes: