I found this wiring in the wall that has my pocket door

myla296

I'm redoing the bathroom and took apart an interior wall (so that I could fit a tub inside). When I got the panel off of the wall, I found wiring inside that wall. This wall also houses the pocket door, so it is very odd that I would find wiring inside of it. These two sets are taped to each other, but not connected and lead up into the ceiling. They both appear to be telephone lines, but one has a flimsy quality while the darker one is more sturdy. Any ideas why it would be there? And what they are? (I thought maybe control for the bed slide out but that functions off of the same switch as the living area slide out...the bedroom is first out and first in when I use that switch)

File Feb 02, 10 08 13 PM.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

File Feb 02, 10 19 29 PM.jpg

myla296

I don't think its hot in any way. It is just the control wires for the thermostat for the second or third AC. No Power to it. It is dead ended on the other end also.

Okay, thanks! (I had an AC installed in the forward compartment/bedroom, but it is separate from the main AC in the living area)

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

On my Landmark I have 3 AC's each one is using the 4 wire harness.
The brown 6 wire harness is just hanging in the wall behind each thermostat. And when I was working on the front AC I found the other end of that 6 wire harness up there wrapped up and dead ended.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

sjandbj

I would agree that the 6 wire is for a A/C thermostat and the small white could be wires for a fantastic fan control. They look just like what I have running in my Big Country behind the pocket door.

myla296

On my Landmark I have 3 AC's each one is using the 4 wire harness.
The brown 6 wire harness is just hanging in the wall behind each thermostat. And when I was working on the front AC I found the other end of that 6 wire harness up there wrapped up and dead ended.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I would agree that the 6 wire is for a A/C thermostat and the small white could be wires for a fantastic fan control. They look just like what I have running in my Big Country behind the pocket door.

All righty, thanks for the insight!