Landmark Bath Ceiling Light, Fan Upgrade & Wall Switch

paulh

I upgraded the original small 6" plastic bath fan to a Fantastic Vent, model 1200, bath fan. It removes odors, heat and shower steam much, much faster. While I had that all apart I copied one of Jim Beletti's earlier mods and added a matching ceiling light south of the fan, over the commode, and spliced it into the ceiling light north of the fan. (How many coaches ago was that Jim? lol) After learning how to fish wire through the styrofoam ceiling insulation installing the light, I then fished a fan switch wire over the ceiling and down to the factory light switches and added a wall switch and double bezel for the fan (upper left switch). Removing a small wall panel in the hallway made access rather easy to the back side of those switches. Now I can flip the lights and fan on without hunting around - just like home.

Attachments

• #1.jpg
    #1.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 135
  • #2.jpg
    #2.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 137

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
Lookes Good. Man, I wish I had your "handi-man" skills Paul. I'd love to add a wall switch for my bathroom fantastic fan. That way the DW could turn it on without having to call me up to do so (she is somewhat vertically challenged). I just don't have the confidence in my ability to try do things like run wires through the ceiling and walls.

jbeletti

Wow Paul - nice work. the ceiling light is pretty easy, opening the walls to route the wires takes some confidence and skills. Thank you for sharing!

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I did a similar mod with the fan in my last Bighorn and was probably the most useful thing I ever did.
Nice job on yours.

Peace
Dave

paulh

Thanks all for the compliments. Convenience mods are fun and I like the challenge of making it look like factory.

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
Nice Mod Paul!! Looks like it came that way from the factory! Impressive as always.

Rod