RV Armor Installer (work from the road opportunity)

jrzygrl64

Hello all fellow Heartland Owners!

Bill and I are proud owners of a 2014 Landmark Grand Canyon. We have been members of this forum since we first purchased our rig. We have been full time since Aug 2014 and have been having a great time traveling, spending time with family and friends. We have had a couple workamper jobs, but were looking for another way of earning some supplemental income that would fit in with our lifestyle. We are hoping we have found it in RV Armor. Bill attended an intense 4 day training recently, and I wrote a fairly detailed post about it in my blog. If any of you, or anyone you know with SOB rig that needs a new roof - please feel free to pass along our info. We plan on putting it on our rig as soon as he completes his 6th install and is eligible to do ours for free.

https://bkamericanodyssey.com/2017/01/29/special-deliveries-and-installs/

If you pass along or call for your own quote, please remember to use his name, Bill Murray (I know - easy to remember, right?) and ID# 17051.

If you have any questions, please ask away!

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Re: RV Armor

I am curious, what does an installer need, to do the installation? We are in a rural RV park with no facilities other than our full hookups, on an uneven gravel site, with trees around us. Would we need to find a different location?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TravelTiger

RV Armor

I guess I was curious if they worry about dust and leaves and such during install?

Is there concern about run-off from the products used during the process?

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired

Any negatives since you have done the RV Armor? How long have you guys had it?

Rod

TravelTiger

RV Armor

Oh another question. Does it only come in white? Our roof is ivory now, as we have ivory sidewalls. I've wondered if the bright RV armor white will look strange.

jrzygrl64

During installation, dust would be only a cosmetic issue, but would not effect the process. If there are a few leaves falling, they can be easily brushed off. If you were under trees during fall and there were lots of them falling, you may want to move into a more open area.

As as far as adding color to the white - it can be done but you would need to speak to a salesman about any additional fees.

We do do not have the system on our roof yet but will be adding it after Bill does his 6th install, as that is when the company will supply us with the product to us for free. Bill is unaware of any downsides to having this as an RV roof. Lots of insurance companies are going with having RV Armor do the roof when damage occurres - such as tree limbs poking a hole or similar. If you look at the blog, the rig being done by the experienced tech, he had damage happen when his awning broke off and put a hole in his roof. When he got into the job, all the damage was discovered and after investigating, it was discovered that an A/C unit had a wire incorrectly installed from the factory and there was a gap where water got in and after 12 years, he needed to have 8 sheets replaced.

Lynn1130

I guess I will ask since I cannot find this answer anywhere. What is the cost of this up-grade?

TravelTiger

I guess I will ask since I cannot find this answer anywhere. What is the cost of this up-grade?

Lynn, i think it depends on the length of your rig. I was quoted (by someone not the OP) a price per linear foot, back in October. Since I don't know if it's the same price for everyone, I won't say, but I'm sure they can give you a specialized quote based on your rig.

jrzygrl64

Most rigs are $130 per linear foot to start and there is a minimum, I believe to be about $3500 (not exactly sure - can call for no obligation quote. Any repairs add cost.

TravelTiger: where are you currently located? Have you decided to get RV Armor on your rig? You may or may not remember us, but we met you briefly at the Heartland Owners table at the Tampa Show a few years back.

rhodies1

How much additional weight does this add to your rig,what is the weight per linear foot.
Im curious as this will affect your GVW.

TravelTiger

Most rigs are $130 per linear foot to start and there is a minimum, I believe to be about $3500 (not exactly sure - can call for no obligation quote. Any repairs add cost.

TravelTiger: where are you currently located? Have you decided to get RV Armor on your rig? You may or may not remember us, but we met you briefly at the Heartland Owners table at the Tampa Show a few years back.

Sorry, not us! We've not been to Florida. We might consider it. Had a tangle with a pine tree. We are in the middle of Texas.

Lynn1130

I think I will wait until one of my trips in or out of the forest gets the roof and see if the insurance covers it. No matter how careful I am, it will happen sooner or later.

Attachments

• IMG_0136.jpg
    IMG_0136.jpg
    213.6 KB · Views: 62

truknutt

Committed Member

How much additional weight does this add to your rig,what is the weight per linear foot.
Im curious as this will affect your GVW.

From the RV Armor website: " Lightweight - RV Armor is one of the lightest roof products. Weight is a big issue both for your roof and your chassis. RV Roof Armor is extremely light, in fact in most cases it add less than 80lbs total weight spread out across your RV Roof and will not add stress to your roof or chassis."

jrzygrl64

Thank you, Truknutt, I for answering the weight question while I was away from the forum.

TravelTiger - sorry - must have you mixed up with someone else! Hope our paths cross someday! Good luck with your decision on how to repair your roof - if I can be of any assistance at all - please don't hesitate to ask!

TravelTiger

Thank you, Truknutt, I for answering the weight question while I was away from the forum.

TravelTiger - sorry - must have you mixed up with someone else! Hope our paths cross someday! Good luck with your decision on how to repair your roof - if I can be of any assistance at all - please don't hesitate to ask!

Thank you! I'm sold on the product, it's the $$$$ I gotta come up with. I don't want to involve insurance co. -- we've had a few claims already.

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired

Do you know if there is ever the white run off when it rains or gets wet and then drips down the side walls of the rig, like the the rubber roofs do?

Rod

jrzygrl64

We are not aware of white dripping down the sides of the rig at all - we do know for sure there is no chalking like a rubber roof.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
This is a good/informative thread. I'm also leaning more toward having this done on our LM but like Erika said, got to come up with the $$$. Maybe someone who has had it put on their camper can give more input.
B----