Propane switch over

MallardHead

With this style is there a way to set it do that when one tank is empty the full takes over.... I am thinking it's all manual but can't remember ...
757acba8a054ab89eaed620688f3950d.jpg

Kevin & Kandy Jones
HOC Member #3501
2017 Mallard M32

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I'm not 100% sure on that valve but I think it should draw from the tank the lever is pointing to first then when that tank runs out the valve will automatically switch over and the little window will change colors indicating that the 1 tank is empty.

Steve.Twoknee

I'm pretty sure that during my walk through I was surprised to learn that my Mallard M32 had a manual switch for this job. It is on my list to upgrade!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MallardHead

I'm pretty sure that during my walk through I was surprised to learn that my Mallard M32 had a manual switch for this job. It is on my list to upgrade!

I am doing some more research on this model switch....from what I have read to this point... the black directional switch points to the "active" tank (with both tanks turned on)... when the active tank goes dry the other tank takes over..

Kevin & Kandy Jones
HOC Member #3501
2017 Mallard M32

gasman

Camp Socializer
Light your stove or water heater. Close the tank valve on the tank you are drawing from and watch the sight glass to see if it goes red. Then check to see if your appliances are still burning.

Steve.Twoknee

Light your stove or water heater. Close the tank valve on the tank you are drawing from and watch the sight glass to see if it goes red. Then check to see if your appliances are still burning.

Simple, productive; I know I would've gotten there sooner or later! This straightforward test has just become part of this years spring thaw. One of those rare things that you can do to a camper that might actually save me money, LOL. THANKS

"Hi-Viz" Bill

I called Heartland customer svc to ask about this very issue, on my 2016 Landmark Newport. I was told, with both tanks "on" the DRIVERS side tank feeds first, then when empty, it automatically switches to the other tank. They told me, the ONLY thing the lever does, is show the level of LP in whatever tank the lever is pointed to. And, in practice, everything seems to verify same.

danemayer

On ours, the most important function of the lever is to shut off flow to the empty tank so you can disconnect it without spewing propane through the disconnect pigtail.