Stackable washer dryer

povelkom

Need to install in our new heartland landmark but not sure what is best and where to order. What does everyone recommend?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I can't speak for other brands or model, but we have the Splendide washer and dryer and love them.

Peace
Dave

TxCowboy

We have the Whirlpool brand of stackables and they work pretty well. Occasionally, when washing towels, we'll have to run the spin/drain cycle to get excess water out of the towels but it's no big deal.

One suggestion for whichever brand you select is to have the installers run an extra length of hose for the hot and cold water between the wall and the washer. Have them install a water shutoff on each hose that you can reach. That way, if you should have a water leak behind the washer/dryer stack, you can shut off the water to the washing machine without having to shut off the water to the whole RV.

Just a thought.... :)

povelkom

Anyone install on there own? Thinking it could not be that hard right?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I installed mine. I like the idea that Jeff brought up about the extra shut off valves.
Also be sure to install a drain pan.

Peace
Dave

povelkom

Thanks all wish it was already in there but glad it should not be hard.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We installed a combo unit. Although it's not too hard on a skill level, there are many steps to be thought out and done correctly. Do a search for washer install here on the forum, I think there are a few threads by folks that have done it themselves.

You will need some tools as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B

Boatman

When we purchased our Big Horn I also ordered a washer & dryer. I was going to install them myself. Upon checking I found many extended warranties only cover dealer installed items. Something you might want to check into. Happy camping.

Paradise2

We installed a combo unit. Although it's not too hard on a skill level, there are many steps to be thought out and done correctly. Do a search for washer install here on the forum, I think there are a few threads by folks that have done it themselves.

You will need some tools as well.

Are you two full timers and find that you use your stackable a lot? Do you feel like it adds a lot of extra weight to the trailer?

Thanks,

Lynette

TravelTiger

Are you two full timers and find that you use your stackable a lot? Do you feel like it adds a lot of extra weight to the trailer?

Thanks,

Lynette

Lynette, the Combo unit I speak of is a single unit, not stackable. The Splendide Combo Washer/Dryer is surely less weight than a stackable. Yes we are fulltime. I do laundry every Monday/Tuesday. Because the loads must be small to reduce wrinkles, it takes longer. But I work from home (in the rig) so it's not a big deal to me. I'd much rather do them here than haul to a laundry mat!

Erika

Paradise2

Lynette, the Combo unit I speak of is a single unit, not stackable. The Splendide Combo Washer/Dryer is surely less weight than a stackable. Yes we are fulltime. I do laundry every Monday/Tuesday. Because the loads must be small to reduce wrinkles, it takes longer. But I work from home (in the rig) so it's not a big deal to me. I'd much rather do them here than haul to a laundry mat!

Erika

We are newbies...actually pickup our 3575el Big Horn in Michigan on the 20th. We will be full timers in two years. Getting everything a head of time so it's ready to go when Hubby retires.

How do you like being full time? Do you have a base that you go to when not traveling during a certain season? I just have so many questions as this is definitely a different lifestyle and we are so looking forward to this.

Thanks.

danemayer

Hi Paradise2,

At the 2016 North American Rally in Las Vegas, there was a seminar on full timing. You can download the presentation file from this post.

TravelTiger

Our situation is not typical fulltiming as we both still work, and a ways from retirement. We are semi permanent in an RV park and this is our only residence.

Not the answers you're looking for, but I'm sure others can chime in.

povelkom

Us too...traveltiger...we work still maybe 5 more years but have been full time living in ours for almost 3 years now. We love it and can not wait to retire. We call it practice retirement. .... we own the lot at our rv park in vegas

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Have been living in our Landmark for almost 2 years cuz of hubby's work and needed to do our washing in camper instead of the local laundromat. Best decision we have made. Yes they are not cheap but I feel so much safer. The campground doesn't have a bathhouse or laundry facilities. Our dealer recommended Whirlpool brand which we went with even tho friends really like their Splendide. Only downfall was loosing the closet space.
Whirlpool w-d.jpg Sorry - for some reason this program rotated the picture.

Last edited:

povelkom

Awesome...exactly my closet. Glad you liked whirlpool. I would rather stick to a big name.

travlingman

We have the stackable Whirlpool in our rig. Like having them as we can take fewer clothes on a trip, just throw some in while setting around. Our next rig will have a stackable too, but it will not be a Whirlpool. We will get a Splendide. Found out the hard way that Whirlpool will not warranty their RV washer/dryers because they are used in an RV.

Also, if you have yours dealer installed as new units, make sure they are new. There are dealers who will sell them as new but are using remanufactured units instead.

povelkom

Love love love my washer and dryer...took some muscle but it is awesome. Ran out of stuff to wash playing with my new toy..thanks all