Landmark Bath Electric Heater

paulh

I have another bathroom convenience mod that may be of interest. We both prefer a warm bathroom during those chilly nights so I installed an electric heater that works real quick. We do not have a washer/dryer in our coach so I found the 20 amp circuit behind the basement wall that goes up and feeds that outlet. I spliced into it and fished romex up into the bathroom wall and installed an outlet. I also shortened the heater cord so the longer original would not be all tied up and create a fire hazard. My wife prefers it because she can use her million kilowatt hair dryer now without tripping the factory's GFI circuit breaker.

I mentioned we don't have a washer/dryer so while underneath the floor I also located the water lines that tee off the main line to the washer and installed two 1/2" inline stop valves. (Sea Tech p/n 3539-10). This way I don't have to winterize these lines every year but they could be used in the future. I've used these valves for years and never had a problem, plus they are easy to remove. I even installed one in the toilet water line so I can quickly do cleaning and lube/maintenance without running outside to turn the water off.

Attachments

• #1.jpg
    #1.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 172
  • #2.jpg
    #2.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 147
  • #3 Sea Tech Stop Valve 3539-10.jpg
    #3 Sea Tech Stop Valve 3539-10.jpg
    1.3 KB · Views: 243
  • #4.jpg
    #4.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 162

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
Hey there Paul,

That is another fine Mod. Could you send me the link to exact the valve that you purchased? I used the information you provided and put it into the search engine, but it comes up with a few different valves that all look very similar, and I want to make sure I get the correct ones. I am going to order 3 of them (2 for the hot and cold Washer lines and one for the toilet) like you did and install them.

Rod

paulh

Hey there Paul,

That is another fine Mod. Could you send me the link to exact the valve that you purchased? I used the information you provided and put it into the search engine, but it comes up with a few different valves that all look very similar, and I want to make sure I get the correct ones. I am going to order 3 of them (2 for the hot and cold Washer lines and one for the toilet) like you did and install them.

Rod

Thanks Rod -
Camping World has it for $9.00 and Amazon is $12.00. Just search "Sea Tech Valve"

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Paul, I just had a thought. Did you install a GFI receptacle there near the toilet? It should be.
Any potential wet location should have one.

Peace
Dave

Oregon_Camper

I have another bathroom convenience mod that may be of interest. We both prefer a warm bathroom during those chilly nights so I installed an electric heater that works real quick.

Doesn't your RV have a heater vent in the bathroom?

We have the opposite problem.

When the heating is on in our Bighorn the bathroom get VERY hot...so much we typically leave the door open to equalize the temp.

paulh

Paul, I just had a thought. Did you install a GFI receptacle there near the toilet? It should be.
Any potential wet location should have one.

Peace
Dave

Dave - yes, by code, any receptacles in the bathroom should be on GFI. However, I didn't want one here in that I didn't feel it was necessary.

- - - Updated - - -

Doesn't your RV have a heater vent in the bathroom?

We have the opposite problem.

When the heating is on in our Bighorn the bathroom get VERY hot...so much we typically leave the door open to equalize the temp.

Yes, we have a floor vent in the bathroom but we never use our furnace except over-night when it's very cold. We prefer using our fireplace and basically don't heat the upper level, we keep the bedroom cool by leaving the door closed.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
I valved off our washer lines too. Push to fit valve fittings from Lowes. $7

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oregon_Camper

Yes, we have a floor vent in the bathroom but we never use our furnace except over-night when it's very cold. We prefer using our fireplace and basically don't heat the upper level, we keep the bedroom cool by leaving the door closed.

Ah...that makes it clear now. Thanks :)