Viar 450P getting tired

Garypowell

My 450P does not seem to be pumping like 4 years ago. Still pumps but slow. I emailed Viar and they said send it back and for $25 plus parts (and about 3 - 4 weeks round trip they would fix it.

They wont help me diagnose until I take it apart to describe what is going on inside.

Anyone use Viar for this service or did you buy parts somewhere else and fix it yourself.

Garypowell

Yes....and I have changed the filters during its life to this point. With very few responding it might be this is not an often happening event. Like many, probably, the unit has not been used that much. If I've owned it 4 years 50% travel....once or twice a month is not much use.

I'll stay tuned in to see if anyone else has experienced this. Viair says they won't talk to me until I open it up to describe what it looks like inside.....don't want to do that until next week when we are home.....it is still working.....just not up to what it used to be.

Lynn1130

Sorry if you already considered and checked this but is the battery you are hooked to in good condition?

porthole

Retired
My 450P does not seem to be pumping like 4 years ago. Still pumps but slow. I emailed Viar and they said send it back and for $25 plus parts (and about 3 - 4 weeks round trip they would fix it.

They wont help me diagnose until I take it apart to describe what is going on inside.

Anyone use Viar for this service or did you buy parts somewhere else and fix it yourself.

I have the viair twin 480 set of pumps. When I wired them in I separated the two so only one pump was used for all times we were not towing.
The main pump is used almost daily since I have air ride rear suspension.

About a month ago the main pump would come up to pressure.

Mine were a year old October 2015

A little disappointed for all the hype around viair