Honda EU3000 genny ?

wshamby01

I am thinking of getting a Honda EU3000. I will be running my 15k a/c off of it as well as a few lights and tv/dvd. I will run the frigde on propane. Do you think it can handle it? I will be looking to use it 24hours a day for 7 days. The A/c will probably have to run full time during the day and ocasionally at night.

Thanks,

mike3fan

I do not own a Honda yet!,but in my research I think you might be happier with 2 EU2000i's parralled toghther.They are much lighter at 43lbs a piece which makes them much easier to move around and carry with one person,the 3000 is around a 100 pounds I believe.

If you check out ebay you can find pretty good deals on the parallel connectors and I found a nice fuel setup on there that should give 10hrs or more on a single tank.

To answer one of your questions,in most of what I have read that yes the 3000 would run a 15k AC unit.

DennisZ

I have a EU3000, and if not for the great price I got it for, I would have gone with the EU2000 units with a parallel kit, about the same cost $$ wise, but much easier on the body. The EU3000 actually weighs about 150 pounds with fuel in it. If you have to have the electric start, the EU3000 is for you, if you don't mind a pull start, get the EU2000's.

Dennis

wshamby01

My only issue with the 2000's is the run time. If I understood correctly when they are joined together they run at full power which means I would have to add gas every few hours intead of every 7 or 8. This is the kind of info I am looking for though. Has anyone tried the 2- 2000's and do you have any idea what the run time would be with the a/c running?

Thanks,
Scott

Sundance_kid

We go boondocking in the desert and mountains and I opted for the 2 = Eu2000's. I set up a 6 gal marine gas tank and plumbed in the Hondas, less refuling. Also I take 1 and my electric chainsaw to cut camp wood with. The 3000 weights in at 143#, it's a gut buster.

mike3fan

We go boondocking in the desert and mountains and I opted for the 2 = Eu2000's. I set up a 6 gal marine gas tank and plumbed in the Hondas, less refuling. Also I take 1 and my electric chainsaw to cut camp wood with. The 3000 weights in at 143#, it's a gut buster.

what kind of run time do you get with the aux. tank?

boatdoc

I would make SURE the 3000 woiuld run your 15K A/C. My sisters would not start their's but it was a late 90's 15K A/C. I also would opt for the twinns and an extended run tank. Much easier on the back. I have the Kipor 3500TI and the Boliy 3600 pro and both will run our 15K A/C. The Kipor is a smidge quieter although much heavier.

jnbhobe

I have the 3000 mounted on a rack on the back of a BH3370 (also had it on my last 5er) and have no problem running 1-15000 air conditioner. With the eco-throttle I can run it all night on a tank of fuel with no problem.:)

Last edited:

viking4545

Before we bought our cyclone, we had a Yamaha 3000iseb which would run our 13.5 air and microwave at same time, this genny was great. We would run our air all day and night on one tank of fuel, and it purred like a kitten. I should have kept it, this Onan is a gas hog.:(

timk

Our eu3000 runs our air and a wee bit more. But we never use it cause its big. Why don't you just scoot on over to Arizona and I'll make you a deal you cant refuse.
TimK

Explorin

I've looked at the Boily and the new electric start champion (Kipor Guy). Both seem to be too good to be true. Has it held up, and does it perform as suggested? I like the Yahama 3000 SEIB, but would have to bolt it to the truck bed, and would rather not have it out for all to see.
Thanks for any input.
Paul