Truck Tires For 2014 2500HD Silverado

MP_CS

You all know much better than I do, so what tires do I need on my truck to handle my 5th wheel? Big Country 3450ts

I've always been a big michelin fan, but any good load range E tire will be fine. Just make sure the ratings ate satisfactory for your load application. Lately I've been getting toyo and have been happy also.

Lynn1130

Yours probably has the same tires that mine does. Goodyear Wrangler SR-A. Load range E. I just replace the original with the same brand and load range at the advice of my Discount Tire Rep who also tows a 5th wheel with a Duramax. His advice was that those are as good as any that you can put on there for the price.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I put a set of these on my 2015 Chevy 2500HD back in September . . .

http://www.tiresplus.com/tires/brands/primewell/valeraatltr/2850

I've got about 10,000 miles on them already (including a trip to Las Vegas to the National Rally) and they still look like new!

They are kind of loud (road noise) and my gas mileage has gone down a couple of MPG's, but I wanted a beefier tire for snow and dirt as the Firestone Transforce HT's that came on it were terrible in bad weather.

These Valera AT's are awesome in the snow and on ice!

TruckNewTire-P1010986.jpg TruckNewTires-P1010987.jpg

Lynn1130,
You are correct! That is exactly what's on my truck and they have around 52,000 miles on them. So, before I hook up to the 5'er I'll be replacing them with something for sure!

lynndiwagoner

I'm not sure of your weight ratings, but on my 2005, 2500 I put on new 19.5" wheels and tires to handle the load. I ended up with a dually but I did pull that 3650 all over the country with the 2500.