Starting the stove

davelinde

DW is very upset that the stove has no starter. I tried to tell her that a $2 lighter is easy but she hates using them and misses the piezo-electric spark we used to have on our old rig...

Anyone find a source to retro-fit that? Unlike many we actually use our stove and oven daily when camping and little things like that matter to DW... so I do strive to please if possible (and until I do I'm sure I'll hear... "honey please come start the stove" -- she refuses to start the grills too...)

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Dave, here is a link to a modification that another member did. I think a few others followed suite. //heartlandowners.org/showthread.php?t=3978&highlight=oven+igniter

tbsimmons

The wife and I were a little upset also when we got our 09 3912 had no starter on the stove. The old 06 fiver we had that was half the price had a starter. After the first trip when we noticed I asked the dealer about it and got some trailers come with them and some don't.

Uncle Rog

I was on my 3rd RV before I found out about pushing in the oven knob to light the burner! It would take a box of matches to get the pilot lit, even worse, Suzin was the one who told me! She said she felt bad watching me on the floor lighting matches...................

sjrellis

I also am aggravated that it has no starter. On ours, it is a 2 person job! (Unless you are limber like lizzy). I now use the half time oven and got a toaster oven. If I really want to use it, I get dh to help me light it. I do not understand why this is the oven installed! How much can a starter cost?

sasha_j

I am utterly dumbfounded by this. I thought all RV's, even the least costly come with strike starters for the range top burners.

Havacyclone

I too and my DW were VERY disapointed about not having a electronic ignitor. My 3 year old Raptor was better outfitted at a much less cost.