Picking up the 3965dss tomorrow!

Buffalo33

Hello all,

Not positive this is the best place to put this thread. Move if needed please!

This is my first post after lurking for some time now. Tomorrow I pick up my first Heartland product. I ordered a 2017 Big Country 3965DSS with the Elite and Independence package as well as adding the Yeti package, dual pane windows, auto cord reel, 6 point level up, 40'' bedroom tv and the directv travlr installed by the dealer. After a ton of research and looking at new campers I was torn between the Landmark Oshkosh and the BC3965DSS. The girlfriend and I love the big double bedroom slide. And subtle separation of the kitchen to the living room is what we were looking for. I know the Landmark has more glam and would have loved for the big country to have a full body paint option. The Oshkosh's down stairs is the same layout as my current camper and wanted to mix it up a bit. Im sad to see my current Newmar Torrey Pine go as its been such a solid rv. But everything good has a shelf life even with proper maintenance it can only be reliable for so long with full time living. But we are really excited for our new shiny home.

I have been full time rving for the last 10 years as I travel and use them for work. So I needed a good all season camper. This will be my 3rd camper but my first brand new one. After stalking this site and reading about everything I could learn about the new heartlands I believe it will be a perfect fit. I have seen quite a few great modification that have be done from users on this forum. I have a few of them planned for this weekend as well as one I haven't seen anyone on here do yet, So who knows if it will be a good mod but I am stealing the idea from my current camper and its seemed to work out really well. Well I have taken up enough time so I'll catch yall later

danemayer

Hi Buffalo33,

Congratulations on the new Big Country and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. Take your time on the walknthrough tomorrow and make sure you check out how everything in the coach is operated and that everything is working correctly. You'll want to make sure everything is to your satisfaction before signing the acceptance letter.

Look forward to seeing your mods.

Buffalo33

Thanks Danemayer,

I will definitely take your advise and try and look at everything I can. I feel like I have read so much about the big country's over the last month and a half on here and anywhere else I could find honest information nothing should be to big of a surprise haha.

Oregon_Camper

Make sure take the time to do a proper PDI....which IMHO should take 4-5 hours. You're welcome to download mine from the link in my signature or search for others online.

Buffalo33

Thanks for the heads up Jim

I have read over that checklist before and will have pulled up on my phone for things to look at when Im doing my inspection

NYSUPstater

We just placed a deposit for same coach yesterday, so hopefully will get placed w/ factory Mon as salesman was on vaykay. Ordered it with: Belmont int, 6 point level up, slide room toppers, artistic beam ceiling, Theatre seats w/ heat/massage (wife and son wanted them), 2nd awning on dinette/seat slide, elect cord reel, larger fan in bathroom and carpet IPO linoleum in LR. Will order and have shipped to dealer a 5th AB pinbox as well as order a B & W 18K hitch for truck (really not too fond of the Reese 16K I have now for weight of new coach). So if all goes well, was told it's a 4-6 week turnaround which if true, will work out great timing wise for Mem Day w/e.

Forgot to say that Correct track is std as well.

david5311

We just placed a deposit for same coach yesterday, so hopefully will get placed w/ factory Mon as salesman was on vaykay. Ordered it with: Belmont int, 6 point level up, slide room toppers, artistic beam ceiling, Theatre seats w/ heat/massage (wife and son wanted them), 2nd awning on dinette/seat slide, elect cord reel, larger fan in bathroom and carpet IPO linoleum in LR. Will order and have shipped to dealer a 5th AB pinbox as well as order a B & W 18K hitch for truck (really not too fond of the Reese 16K I have now for weight of new coach). So if all goes well, was told it's a 4-6 week turnaround which if true, will work out great timing wise for Mem Day w/e.

Forgot to say that Correct track is std as well.

I see nothing on heartlands web site about a 2nd awning on dinette/seat slide. Is this a dealer option or is the factory installing this for you?
David

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I see nothing on heartlands web site about a 2nd awning on dinette/seat slide. Is this a dealer option or is the factory installing this for you?
David
I have a Bighorn brochure here in my sticky little hand. I lists an exterior option of a power awning on the dinette slide, NA/3750.

Peace
Dave

NYSUPstater

David

Factory as far as I know . $ 700.00 option. Have seen them on other coaches and look good. God willing and with some help here, will post pics once we get it. How do you post pics here or link to instructions?

david5311

I have a Bighorn brochure here in my sticky little hand. I lists an exterior option of a power awning on the dinette slide, NA/3750.

Peace
Dave
Sorry. I thought we were talking about a Big Country 3965dss.
There is nothing in the Heartland Big Country web site about a 2nd awning. Also have looked at the build sheet. No mention of a 2nd awning.
David

- - - Updated - - -

Factory as far as I know . $ 700.00 option. Have seen them on other coaches and look good. God willing and with some help here, will post pics once we get it. How do you post pics here or link to instructions?

Are you getting a Big Country or Bighorn? I thought we were talking about a Big Country.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Well, you are correct. I just looked at the BC brochure and see nothing about an optional awning.
I suggest that you call Heartland and ask for the Big Country sales team. They should be able to tell you if you can special order the extra awning. Or maybe it can be a dealer installed item.
Heartland Customer Service. 574-262-8030

Peace
Dave

NYSUPstater

Good morning folks! I inquired w/ salesman about it who in turn asked HL and tho it wasn't stated who'd install it, am under the impression it's at factory because there were 3 items total he had to ask them to see if they could do it. Sounds like one of those things that you don't know/see anything about unless you ask. It is on a BC. Probly be talking w/ him tmrw, so will re-ask him then just to make sure.

david5311

Good morning folks! I inquired w/ salesman about it who in turn asked HL and tho it wasn't stated who'd install it, am under the impression it's at factory because there were 3 items total he had to ask them to see if they could do it. Sounds like one of those things that you don't know/see anything about unless you ask. It is on a BC. Probly be talking w/ him tmrw, so will re-ask him then just to make sure.

Thanks for that information. What were the two other things that you had to ask the factory about?
David

NYSUPstater

Thanks for that information. What were the two other things that you had to ask the factory about?
David

Larger fan in bathroom IPO the dinky lil one that comes std. Carpet IPO linoleum in from of ent center or LR area. Understand that the lino is easier to clean and all, but we are thinking that it would kinda "cold" plopping your feet onto after sitting for sometime.

david5311

2nd awning is in fact a factory installed option.

Thanks for that info. We are starting the process of dealing with dealers. I do like the second awning and will be including it in our option list. If it wasn't for you and this forum I would not of known even to ask for it.

Thanks again
David

Buffalo33

2nd awning is in fact a factory installed option.

I wish I would have known that I would have definitely added that to mine. So far I am happy with mine! Heres a couple pics I had on the computer

Attachments

• IMG_4506.JPG
    IMG_4506.JPG
    106.8 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_4639.JPG
    IMG_4639.JPG
    128.3 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_4641.JPG
    IMG_4641.JPG
    124.2 KB · Views: 38

Nuclearcowboy

Larger fan in bathroom IPO the dinky lil one that comes std. Carpet IPO linoleum in from of ent center or LR area. Understand that the lino is easier to clean and all, but we are thinking that it would kinda "cold" plopping your feet onto after sitting for sometime.

Just a thought about linoleum vs. carpet. We dwelled on putting carpet in our living area instead of linoleum when we ordered our unit and went with linoleum for three reasons - easier to clean (i.e., no worry about stains), will hold up better over time, and we can put down a nice rug instead. Rug can be easily changed out, keeps feetsies warm in winter, and gives it a more home like feeling since there are almost unlimited colors and types that you can put down to add ones personal touch. Just some thoughts.