Lippert Linc System

kjm1970

Hi group,

I have one of the first 2016 420's. We absolutely love it. I am definitely a gadget guy and I see all of these new 5ers coming out with Lippert's Linc System. I have to have it lol. Anyone have any experience in adding it aftermarket? I am going to Goshen for the Rally and I have emailed Lippert to ask them if it can be done and if so have it installed. Any input would be great! Thanks!

richheck

Seasoned Member
According to their (LCI) web page this is only an OEM item being all associated switches need to be wired to the master control panel. I guess it could be done, but would be very time consuming and difficult to bring all wiring to the master control panel. Heartland offered this (or something very simular) with some of their Bighorn coaches a couple of years ago, I have no idea as to why Heartland quite using them. Jim B., any ideas as to why?

jbeletti

According to their (LCI) web page this is only an OEM item being all associated switches need to be wired to the master control panel. I guess it could be done, but would be very time consuming and difficult to bring all wiring to the master control panel. Heartland offered this (or something very simular) with some of their Bighorn coaches a couple of years ago, I have no idea as to why Heartland quite using them. Jim B., any ideas as to why?

Rich - I think we tried this in some of our toyhauler product for a short period of time and came to the conclusion that the system either was not ready or we were not ready for the system. A kind way to say, there were issues, I don't know what they were but we decided to pull it for a while and let this product space mature a bit.

Today, we're using a multiplex lighting system from KIB on the Landmark 365 product. Like Linc and other systems, my understanding is that there is a relay panel board where the loads connect to and where the logic exists. Then there are wall switches that control the relays which in turn control the load. To my knowledge, we are not offering any ability to control loads on this system with a remote control or an app - only the wired wall switches. My guess is that more capability may come down the road but we are taking a cautious approach to installing these systems.

Bones

Rich - I think we tried this in some of our toyhauler product for a short period of time and came to the conclusion that the system either was not ready or we were not ready for the system. A kind way to say, there were issues, I don't know what they were but we decided to pull it for a while and let this product space mature a bit.

Today, we're using a multiplex lighting system from KIB on the Landmark 365 product. Like Linc and other systems, my understanding is that there is a relay panel board where the loads connect to and where the logic exists. Then there are wall switches that control the relays which in turn control the load. To my knowledge, we are not offering any ability to control loads on this system with a remote control or an app - only the wired wall switches. My guess is that more capability may come down the road but we are taking a cautious approach to installing these systems.
As nice as those systems are it can make something simple complicated.

jbeletti

As nice as those systems are it can make something simple complicated.

Agreed Dave - most people prefer to just flip a mechanical switch.

But then there are some of us that want the next level of convenience. But with that comes some system complexity :)