Led lights

Shay911

We have a brand new 2017 Heartland Mallard M28. It has led awning lights. We have only camped 3 times and a small section of the lights are black. The rest work. Anyone else had this problem. We bought it at Camping World Chattanooga, TN...have heard bad things about service dept. About to find out I guess.

Last edited by a moderator:

sengli

There have been numerous threads on here, about those LED light strips not lasting all that long. If taking your rig into these guys makes you nervous. Call up heartland and have them send you the parts and fix it yourself. I would.

Apropdoc

Utah Chapter Leaders-retired
We bought it at Camping World Chattanooga, TN...have heard bad things about service dept. About to find out I guess.

You don't have to take it to the dealer you purchased from unless the warranty is by them! My suggestion is to ask around (especially those in the tri-state area) to see if there is a preferred repair shop that they use. Digging around the forum is also a great source for knowledge. I hope you can get it resolved without any problems.

Lynn1130

You will need Heartland's authorization before getting repairs done. Generally the repair shop will call Heartland to get approval and you need to pay for repairs with Heartland reimbursing you. There are some exceptions but pre-approval is required or you could be stuck with the bill.

mlpeloquin

In northern California, I go to an independent RV repair shop that is Heartland approved. They are also approved for my extended warranty that I have. Their work is second to none. Look for an independent shop(s) and give them a call. See if they have an agreement with Heartland. You can also call Heartland and ask if there is an independent shop in your area that is approved.

That being said, changing the LED strip is easy. It does require a ladder and two people to put the new one in. One needs to pull the end and the other feed it into the track. The wires are at one end or the other. It isn't a hard job and Heartland is good about letting owners do the work. They will want the old LED strip back though. At least they did when mine had an early death.

Resiemon

I agree. The wife and i replaced our lights using that method. No many @#$%^& at all.

R E Siemon 2015 BH 3875 F B with and 2015 F250 Diesel, 4WD, Firestone air bags