Adding curtains

MikeLisa

I am thinking about adding some nice curtains to the windows. My idea is to use tension rods and maybe some hooks to brace them inside of the things that go over the windows, (forgot what you call them). I think it will give it a much more homey and comfortable feeling. Have any of you added curtains? Any thoughts or suggestions?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
MikeLisa, I did this to our former coach, an ElkRidge. I used tension rods inside the valence boxes. It worked pretty well, except the curtains I used would "hang up" on the overlapping joint of the tension rod, so a little hard to open and close.

I was wanting anything to help with heat/cold transfer through our single pane windows, so I bought thermal backed curtains and trimmed to size, then hemmed. I bought 64" length, cut in half could make two sets of 32" length curtains. My mom helped me sew them as needed. We did the entire living/dining area.

In the bedroom, we made our own, and used blackout material on the backside. It could be dark as night during the day!
e8c55b6c0354a27c3293214481e50c8a.jpg

Bedroom (later I moved the rod up slightly, so they didn't drag on the dresser.)

5b9c1c30a88088ae992504c134c24289.jpg

Large back window

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apropdoc

Utah Chapter Leaders-retired
Those look good! Amy is planning on putting curtains up this year as soon as we can get our trailer out of the storage lot.