BH 3760EL - Loud buzzing sound from refrigerator area

rfrost

I have a 2016 Big Horn 3760 EL. For the last couple of days I have been periodically getting a loud buzzing sound coming from the area of the refrigerator. It lasts for about 5 seconds, So it is a little hard to isolate exactly what is going on. The buzzing almost sounds like an alarm of some sort; however, there is nothing in this area that would give off an alarm. Has anyone else experienced this, or have any idea what this song maybe?

danemayer

Hi rfrost,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

What refrigerator do you have? If Dometic or Norcold, is it running on electric or gas?

Are you plugged into shore power?

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
We have a residential refrig which started buzzing for about 10 seconds, repeating about every 15 minutes. Found out that somehow the ice maker got turned on, how nobody knows. Turned it back off and hasn't buzzed since. Moral of the story s if you have a residential refrig, check the ice maker

rfrost

We have a residential refrig which started buzzing for about 10 seconds, repeating about every 15 minutes. Found out that somehow the ice maker got turned on, how nobody knows. Turned it back off and hasn't buzzed since. Moral of the story s if you have a residential refrig, check the ice maker

Thanks Nabo, that appears to have been the problem. I'm not sure how the ice maker got turned on since you have to remove the ice cream shelf and push the switch to the on position.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nabo

check mark.png Glad to have helped. Sometimes I think Gremlins move in and mess with us.

Nabo

OK Lou/Bette - there's a mission for ya'll to do - Find that Gremlins bell for our RVs. Just let us know what it looks like so we can all get one :eek:.