Screw channel vinyl insert material

OldSlowHans

CinC of Everything Else
I have a 2011 BC 3510RL. Serial 234953.

Most of the screw channel vinyl insert trim is cracked/brittle.

Seems it is 1/2" size, while I can only seem to find 3/4" and 1" size.

Can you point me to a source?

jnbhobe

I think it's one inch wide any dealer can get it for you by the roll

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

jnbhobe

I have not seen the narrow insert on a Heartland trailer

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
It comes in either 3/4" or 1" widths. That's the full width, not what you see when it's in the channel. My rig has both sizes and I've replaced some of it, as needed.

gasman

Camp Socializer
Hans, I'm guessing this is the channel around the entry door as it is about 1/2" wide. It is a hard plastic strip that comes in eight foot lengths. A decent RV parts store will have this. Take a short piece with you as there are a couple of different profiles. If you are still in the Phoenix area, State Trailer Supply at 8200 Peoria Avenue in Peoria carries this trim strip.

We purchased our 2011 Big Country new from the dealer. Shortly after purchase, the trim started cracking. I was told by Heartland that the vendor that made the strip did not put enough uv inhibiter in the batch therefor causing the problem. At that time it was covered under warranty. There is actually 2 different sizes. Heartland asked how many inches I needed and sent me enough to replace the whole trailer. May want to contact Heartland parts.

OldSlowHans

CinC of Everything Else
Hans, I'm guessing this is the channel around the entry door as it is about 1/2" wide. It is a hard plastic strip that comes in eight foot lengths. A decent RV parts store will have this. Take a short piece with you as there are a couple of different profiles. If you are still in the Phoenix area, State Trailer Supply at 8200 Peoria Avenue in Peoria carries this trim strip.

Actually it is from the rain gutter above the starboard slide. And it really IS 1/2" wide.

JohnDar

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Maybe that's the problem, it should have been 3/4"? Wrong stuff used?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lynn1130

I replaced all of mine not too long after purchasing the trailer because it began to fall apart and come out while going down the road. UV problem? probably. Not size. I called Heartland for the proper color and size and then purchased enough to do the entire trailer. It is not expensive but call them with your VIN and see if Customer Service or parts can help with this.

JohnDar

Finally had the opportunity to take a look at mine at the storage yard. The trim over the rain gutters is the 3/4" version. The gutters I installed over my cargo doors (after replacing the OEM warped doors) used the 1" variety. There is a hard plastic trim cap around the entry door, however, that appears to have a 1/2" exposure, but looks like it might have flanges that make it a total of 3/4" since it sits in a channel similar to the flexible trim.