Landmark Oshkosh/Big Country 3560ss Floorplan in a Bighorn

Pizzaguy

DW and I are looking to upgrade to a newer Bighorn. Big Country has a 3560SS floorplan and Landmark Oshkosh are similar. We want this floorplan in a Bighorn!
Is there any chance there will be this floorplan in a Bighorn soon?

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
There is a BigHorn 3890 SS that is similar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pizzaguy

Thanks TravelTiger, we have been in a 3890ss. We were all set to order one until we went into a Big Country 3560ss. We liked the Big Country floorplan better with the bath all in one room and the extra wardrobe/washer dryer in the slide. I did not care for the floor in the Big Country, and really liked the look of the Bighorn better also. We put our purchase on hold until we can make up our minds. If Bighorn would come out with that floorplan it would be an easy decision. Now we are also looking at other brands. I would really like to stay in a Bighorn. Landmark is above my pay grade.

TravelTiger

I understand. We didn't pull the trigger until we found the unit that checked all the boxes for us.

Hope you can find a way to stay in the Heartland family!

jbeletti

Tom Montague, our Bighorn GM asked me to advise that he plans to produce a similar floor plan in Bighorn later this summer.

They've talked about revising an existing floor plan and adding several upgrades to it. They know they want it to have a slide-in-slide with a side-aisle bath.

Tom is listening - feel free to keep the feedback coming.

Pizzaguy

Thank You Jim. I hope that will be sooner that later. Did he give any time frame on when it will be available to order?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

TravelTiger

Thank You Jim. I hope that will be sooner that later. Did he give any time frame on when it will be available to order?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

"Later this summer" could mean at Dealer Open House in Elkhart in August, they would have one for dealers to look at and order, for fall/winter delivery.

jbeletti

No, but Erika's guess could be in the ballpark. Sorry if this is not in your timeframe. Maybe worth waiting for? :)

Oregon_Camper

They've talked about revising an existing floor plan and adding several upgrades to it. They know they want it to have a slide-in-slide with a side-aisle bath.

Tom is listening - feel free to keep the feedback coming.

LOVE LOVE LOVE the slide-in-slide option....way to go Heartland.

Now...when can we get that in a retro fit? I would drive anywhere to get them to install a slide-in-slide in our 3160EL. WOW...that would be the best ever to get a bit more space in the bedroom.

jbeletti

LOVE LOVE LOVE the slide-in-slide option....way to go Heartland.

Now...when can we get that in a retro fit? I would drive anywhere to get them to install a slide-in-slide in our 3160EL. WOW...that would be the best ever to get a bit more space in the bedroom.

Happy to hear you really like the SIS feature! Heartland does not perform customizations like this but there are shops that will do this sort of thing. I'd imagine you're looking at $5k minimum to have this done.

jbeletti

I'd easily pay that

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Send a PM to TXBobcat. He knows of a place that does custom slide work. He didn't have custom work done, but they removed and repaired one of his slides years ago and I recall him telling me they do a lot of custom work.

Or, trade your 2015 (ouch) in later this year on the new stuff! :)

Pizzaguy

No, but Erika's guess could be in the ballpark. Sorry if this is not in your timeframe. Maybe worth waiting for? :)

Thanks everyone. I was hoping to be in a new unit by spring, but I will have to see if I can talk the wife into waiting for it.

Oregon_Camper

Send a PM to TXBobcat. He knows of a place that does custom slide work.

Thought this over some, and decided the best solution is not a slide-in-slide, but rather add a slide to door side (bedroom) and slide out the dresser and cabinet. See my mock up below...

Heartland, you are free to use this design, with no royalty payments. Unless, you want to toss me a free 3160EL-OC (Yea, the Oregon_Camper edition) just for grins. Hehehehehe... :)

Capture.jpg

danemayer

Thought this over some, and decided the best solution is not a slide-in-slide, but rather add a slide to door side (bedroom) and slide out the dresser and cabinet. See my mock up below...

Heartland, you are free to use this design, with no royalty payments. Unless, you want to toss me a free 3160EL-OC (Yea, the Oregon_Camper edition) just for grins. Hehehehehe... :)

View attachment 49878
I don't suppose you'd go for something like this:

phoca_thumb_l_BH_3750FL.png

Oregon_Camper

I don't suppose you'd go for something like this:

phoca_thumb_l_BH_3750FL.png

That is nice, but we love all the TALL windows in the back of the 3160EL....it almost feels like you're outdoors, while inside.

Having said that, my wife is keeping a sharp eye on the Landmark Louisville....that is "coming soon" ...when is soon???