Trying to decide T30 or T31, Opinions Welcome

We have been looking at the Torque for some time, we currently have a Wolf Pack 24Pack14 that is just too small for us. We are torn between the T30 and the T31. I really like the floor plan of the T31 as it suits our family better but concerned about the overall length (7' longer than our current) and how it will be towing and finding camping spots.

Our TV is 16 F250 6.7.

Any feedback would be great!

jimtoo

Hi dustin0479,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I'm sure you will get more suggestions from our other members soon.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

schew

As we've spoken about this subject previously, I too was leary about the 12' difference in length between my previous and current rv. It does not pose any real problems, I just adjusted for it.

Thank. No worries about it being at the limits of the F250? Seems like a tiny bit of front loading and she will push over the hitch/tongue limit. With a trailer this long I am thinking Hensley arrow hitch

schew

Thank. No worries about it being at the limits of the F250? Seems like a tiny bit of front loading and she will push over the hitch/tongue limit. With a trailer this long I am thinking Hensley arrow hitch
Imho, it's going to take quite a lot more than a tiny bit of front loading to exceed the tongue weight limits on our receivers. I know that you can't use dry weight to calculate your tongue weight, but it also doesn't make sense to calculate tongue weight based on the rv's gvwr either.
I'm not familiar with the Hensley hitch so I checked it out. Looks interesting and I'm sure you can't go wrong using it.
Good luck and let me know how your walk around went. ..

We walked the units today, the really appear to be good quality!

Walked the t31, t32, and t29. The wife threw me a last minute curve ball and fell in love with the T32, so we ordered it!

schew

We liked the side deck as it didn't add to the length and has an awning too.
But my wife really wanted a second bathroom..
..the wife factor!
How long till they deliver? Post some pics when u can.

CarterKraft

Good call on the Hensley hitch. These things are wind loaded badly and the HA makes pulling one so much less stressful.