Adjust flame on Atwood Gas Stove

Georgia_Biker

I have an Atwood LP Gas stove in my BH 3875FB. The flame has yellow tips and will not get real hot. I looked at the 3 page manual that came with it and there is nothing about adjustment, I took the grill off and tried to see any adjustment around the burner base but nothing.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

My wife could barely get the boiler pot hot enough to cook pasta - starving in Savannah-

danemayer

Hi Larry,

Here are some ideas. I'm assuming this just started, so my first thought would be a problem with gas pressure. Make sure you have propane. Close propane tank valves and sloooooowly re-open. If still a problem, try running off one tank and then off the other. Try swapping tank positions.

BURNER LIGHTS, BUT FLAME IS TOO SMALL
Improper gas pressure------------------------------------------Check for gas leaks, have regulator checked by qualified LP gas technician
Improper air/gas mixture --------------------------------------Adjust air shutter if applicable
Problem burner valve --------------------------------------------Replace burner valve
Blocked orifice ------------------------------------------------------Clean with toothpick

OR

YELLOW FLAME TIPS
Improper gas-air mixture --------------------------------------Adjust air shutter if applicable
Low gas pressure--------------------------------------------------Check gas supply
Check for leaks and have the regulator checked
Set pressure to 11” water column
RA Ranges and Cooktops
Improper orifice to burner alignment --------------------Realign burner head and orifice tube assembly
Replace orifice

Georgia_Biker

Hi Larry,

Here are some ideas. I'm assuming this just started, so my first thought would be a problem with gas pressure. Make sure you have propane. Close propane tank valves and sloooooowly re-open. If still a problem, try running off one tank and then off the other. Try swapping tank positions.

BURNER LIGHTS, BUT FLAME IS TOO SMALL
Improper gas pressure------------------------------------------Check for gas leaks, have regulator checked by qualified LP gas technician
Improper air/gas mixture --------------------------------------Adjust air shutter if applicable
Problem burner valve --------------------------------------------Replace burner valve
Blocked orifice ------------------------------------------------------Clean with toothpick

OR

YELLOW FLAME TIPS
Improper gas-air mixture --------------------------------------Adjust air shutter if applicable
Low gas pressure--------------------------------------------------Check gas supply
Check for leaks and have the regulator checked
Set pressure to 11” water column
RA Ranges and Cooktops
Improper orifice to burner alignment --------------------Realign burner head and orifice tube assembly
Replace orifice
Thanks Dan-

I have a yellow tipped flame - I'll work on your list.