Lippert Components....

Uncle Rog

Howdy, I have to say that Lippert seems to want to do the right thing.
They replaced all my springs etc last year, under warranty.....
I have had concerns about the axles being mounted out of square so they are sending me to the shop to have it verified, and fixed, again under warranty..............
With out trying to sound too warm and fuzzy they are about as easy to work with as any company I can think of.........

Dusty

I am glad to hear that. I left Texas a little over a week ago and when I got into Alabama, I found out that the hander for the spring shackle on the left rear axle had come unwelded, and when backing up the rear wheel would go forward and hit the front axle wheel. I managed to get it to a welder that did a fair job of rewelding the tabs back to the frame but I am going to have to have a better job done as soon as I can. A year or so ago I had a broken frame up under the bedroom which was fixed under warrenty, does Lippert need to retrain their welders?

Dusty

Uncle Rog

She's ready to come home........

Joe at J&L called to say that Lippert was just about done with the Horn, so I jumped in the truck and headed over to see what was up........
The mechanic was just wrapping things up when I arrived, his comment was, these axles were all &*%^#$% up! (In Espanol)
He explained how he adjusted the hanger / mor ryde condition and showed me the egg shaped, worn out shackles, which only had maybe 2000 miles on 'em from last years fix.................
The tire spacing was 2-1/2" on the ds and 3+" on the od side.......
Now both sides are almost a 2x4 apart, looks good and makes more sense...........
Looks like I will be selling another set of roto-choks...........
Here is a picture of what the alignment was prior to the repair, along with Joe and the tech from Lippert.............
Any body in SO CAl with an RV issue should know about J&L, good shop!
Lippert stood up to the plate with new shackles, bolts, U bolts etc.......
Thanks guys.............

Attachments

• 0816070901.jpg
    0816070901.jpg
    193.7 KB · Views: 129
  • 0819081441.jpg
    0819081441.jpg
    188.3 KB · Views: 110
  • 0819081441a.jpg
    0819081441a.jpg
    200.2 KB · Views: 109

Tom of Ypsi

Rog, Glad everything went well for you. I have to agree with you on Lippert, they do stand behind their product and they try and fix the problem as fast as they can.

Uncle Rog

Thanks Tom, I am taking the day off tomorrow to pick her up. I will take the creeper and some sockets to check a few bolts, but I think every thing looks good. I plan to spend the week end putting things in order for the rally in Vegas. We plan to use the rig quite a bit this fall and I don't want any surprises. I am also looking forward to towing with the new intake / exhaust system, with the improved power and "drag" resistance it should be a good trip........

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
so now if i could just figure out if there is something wrong with my frame, i would be in good shape. u mechanical guys are head and shoulders above us lowly rookies. we have to take the word of the dealer or repair shop, as i have no clue where to look for these types of problems. maybe at the las vegas rally, one of u savvy guys can go over and under my rig to let me know if something is up or for that matter down.

Uncle Rog

LHH, You give me at least wat too much credit, it took me 2 years to figure out my rig, I guess I am not that smart after all.
The Horn is back in the wire this morning, the tires are parallel and it pulls much smoother. However, I am not sure if the new intake / exhaust is the reason or if having the wheels in line with parallel axles are the reason. I am going through all systems this weekend to make sure that all is sea worthy. I am installing the "tent in the vent" this afternoon, finally. I have powered up the reefer to test the cool down time frame for a 12er of Coors and Pacifico, just a test mind you.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Here is a link to Lippert Components website that has all of their tech sheets on it. There are many different fixes etc on this link and tech data. This might help answer some of everyones questions. I found the links by looking for the installation procedures for the Flex-guard upgrade (Flex-guard is the material that the wiring rides on under the slideout to keep it from getting twisted or caught in the slide mechinism. My flex-guard broke where it attaches to the RV and there is a fix for that.) Hopefully this will be helpful to some.

http://www.lci1.com/index.php?optio...ticle&id=61:lip&catid=40:lip-sheets&Itemid=68

pmmjarrett

Not just tired..... RETIRED!!!
LHH, You give me at least wat too much credit, it took me 2 years to figure out my rig, I guess I am not that smart after all.
The Horn is back in the wire this morning, the tires are parallel and it pulls much smoother. However, I am not sure if the new intake / exhaust is the reason or if having the wheels in line with parallel axles are the reason. I am going through all systems this weekend to make sure that all is sea worthy. I am installing the "tent in the vent" this afternoon, finally. I have powered up the reefer to test the cool down time frame for a 12er of Coors and Pacifico, just a test mind you.

Pretty much Ditto. I am very mechanical but when I got into RVs it all looked foreign to me.

Uncle Rog. The intake and exhaust make a big difference. Much more than I thought it would which is why I stalled 4 months getting the work done myself. Figured I was doing pretty good with just the Bully Dog tow tune.

1st trailer I pulled with the intake and exhaust was a Newmar Kountry Aire that still was loaded with the customers stuff and had me grossing 27,200 lbs, my truck weighs 9k full of fuel, and I pulled a few rolling hills I normally drop to 5th gear with lighter trailers in 6th gear never kicking out the cruise control. I also gained 1-2 mpg as I pulled this trailer and got 12.5 mpg avg hand calculated vs the 10.5 - 11.5 I get with similar units. 12.5 is better than my dad gets with his gas Suburban pulling NOTHING. Next trailer after that was a Heartland Big Country 3500RL where I was getting almost 14 mpg avg which is better than my 2003 F150 used to get empty. I'm a happy camper.

Hopefully you see similar mpg results. Save travels, Mike.

Uncle Rog

Hey Mike, pulling home this morning, on the flats, the OB computer said I was getting 12mpg, 3mpg better than previous readings. When pulling Box Springs the mileage dropped to 9.....When I finally got up the hill to the house I was in the low 8's......Steep climb.........Looking forward to a good road trip to wring out he rig!

TXBobcat

Fulltime
pmmjarrett
You said " The intake and exhaust make a big difference. ", What system did you use for your intake and exhaust system. Was wondering if you used something like the Banks system..

I have also thought about getting the Bully Dog and set it on the lower setting just to get a little extra help on mild inclines on the highway.

Did you change out the intake filter also or did you stay with the Dodge original.

Uncle Rog

TX, don't know what pm used but I went with the AFE Stage 2, Pro 7 intake and the 4" cat back exhaust. I could not pass up the deal. The power is amazing and it is not very loud, still chicken to use a tuner.................