2016 BC 4010RD Awning Led Strip

ccinok

Just took our 4010 out for the first time last weekend. Have to say it is a awesome rig!
We did have one problem, the awning LED strip would not turn on. We contacted Heartland for help and they sent us the guide to the awning which was not any help.
Has anyone else had this problem? Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:

danemayer

Hi ccinok,

Congratulations on the new Big Country and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

Are you looking for the switch to turn on the LED strip, or has it worked before and now doesn't?

Congratulations on you new RV. We just returned from our 1st trip in our 2017 Trail Runner 27RKS and we had the same problem with our awning LED lights. We have a switch on our light panel that's wired and hot but it doesn't appear to turn any lights on. I suspect it's for the awning light but I'm not sure. I checked the wiring at the awing head and there is power but I can't tell if its for the awing motor or the LEDs. Since my RV is under warranty I hesitate to mess with it and void my warranty. I will be taking it to the dealer next week. Ill post whatever they find and maybe it will help you.

iflyrc49

Hi, its been awhile but did you ever find out why your Awning LED Strip did not work? I have a similar issue with my outer LED lights not working, the ones up on the RV work on the switch but not the outer.