NT 21fbs Bedroom Roof Vent

VRob13313

Is it possible to add a bedroom roof vent to a 2016 21FBS? The roof and ceiling appear to be a unique design and I have seen someone post about Heartland stating a bedroom roof vent cannot be added in the first 2 feet behind the front cap. I was just hoping for some clarification on this issue. We have experienced some humidity (front wall between the nose cap and mattress) and heat issues in the bedroom and I was just interested in others experiences with this model TT. Thanks!

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I think it would be possible to add a passive vent as long as you can identify where the roof trusses are. You don't want to cut into one.
Normally vents are framed in the ceiling but since a vent would weigh so little, framing might not be needed.
But before you begin I suggest that you call Heartland Customer Service and see if they can tell you if the roof is framed for a vent.

At one time we had a pop-up camper and I wanted to put an AC in it. Called the manufacturer and was told to look for a small screw in the ceiling and that would be the approximate center of the 14" x 14" framing for the AC or vent.
So your roof might be framed.

Peace
Dave