• IMG_1549.jpg
    IMG_1549.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_5492.jpg
    IMG_5492.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:

asherwin

Set up in AZ as well - Casa Grande - Certainly better weather than up north :)

Attachments

• DSCN7356.jpg
    DSCN7356.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 109

asherwin

These support arms are made up of two components. A length of tubing (purchased from Home Depot) has one end hammered flat to fit between the rivets at the top of the awning support and the awning arm. The important piece is the adjustable support at the roller end of the tubing. This (built by brother in law based on my specs) is composed of a cradle which fits against the roller, a threaded "bolt" to provide the desired length of adjustment, and a collar which fits over the end of the tubing. The pictured support is used with the vertical support tube. The support for the horizontal tube is slightly different in that the arch component has welded pieces on one side which when placed at the end of the roller prevents the arm from being pulled inward when clips are attached to the awning from the tube to prevent flapping. The end result is a support system much like the manual awnings providing stronger support in moderate wind conditions. Full disclosure -I saw a similar set up in Texas last year and noted the design which I asked the brother in law if he could replicate.

Attachments

• awning support closeup.jpg
    awning support closeup.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 79
  • DSCN8041.jpg
    DSCN8041.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 85