Propane tank gauge

djgarcia

My propane tank gauge does not seem to be working. The red bar does not move which should tell me when a tank is full or empty. Help.

Last edited by a moderator:

olcoon

Sometimes if you turn the valve on too fast, it won't work. Try turning it off and then turn it back on slowly, I'm sure you already have checked, or know, but are you sure it's not empty?

djgarcia

Sometimes if you turn the valve on too fast, it won't work. Try turning it off and then turn it back on slowly, I'm sure you already have checked, or know, but are you sure it's not empty?

Does the propane gauge show red when empty and green when it is full. My gauge shows red about 1/4 of the window but dosen't change to green or the red does not seem to move in either direction. Thanks for the reply.

rxbristol

You seem to indicate that you're only opening one tank at a time. Both tanks should be open and the switch, with the arrow, should be turned to the tank you want to use. When that tank is completely empty, the dual stage auto-change over valve should then switch automatically change to the full tank and indicate "red". At that time, turn the valve (with the arrow) to the full tank and you can pull the empty tank, without turning off the propane from the other tank, and fill it. If you're following this procedure and it's still not working you may need to replace it.

NYSUPstater

No help w/ gauge, but can always dribble hot water onto side of tank to see frost line and find level of LP in tanks.