Lippert buys JT Strong Arms Patent

jbeletti

Some people have already heard about this but for everyone else, here's an interesting press release. By the way, I have had the JT Strong Arms on my Landmark for a month now and used them maybe 20 days and they are AWESOME. I see they lowered the price to $359 recently. Something to consider.

I have no sense of how the sale to Lippert will affect distribution/sales of the product. I would assume there will be a short period of unavailability except in existing dealer stock.

08-July-2008

Drew Industries unit Lippert Components buys Patent for RV Stabilizing System and Other Assets

Drew Industries Inc. (DW) said on Tuesday that its subsidiary, Lippert Components, Inc., acquired the patent for "JT's Strong Arm Jack Stabilizer," and other intellectual properties and assets, from JT's RV Accessories. The purchase price of $3 million was funded from available cash.

Drew's CEO Leigh Abrams said, "The addition of this innovative stabilizing system to our product line is another step in our overall strategy to add value to our customers' products and increase our content per RV."

Jim Thorpe, the President and CEO of JT's RV Accessories, entered into a three-year employment contract with Lippert Components. Lippert Components' CEO Jason Lippert said, "Jim is highly creative, and we hope to see additional innovative products from him in the years to come."

Tom of Ypsi

And if the free stabilizer deal falls through Mark is buying.

Yahoooooo

We actually have a set and love them. We got ours from a rv dealer in St. Louis, Mo for $269.