New 2017 Oakmont 400FL orientation

wallaced

Good Morning!

We purchased a 2017 Hearland Oakmont 400FL and are about to take it out on it's maiden trip. The sales/service folks at the dealership couldn't tell me what some switches were for, and am hoping someone in the forums can shed some light (har, har, har).

I currently don't have permissions to attached a picture;however, the switches in question are on the main switch panel. On the top row, from left to right, is a slide out switch, two identical switches, and one named Remote. The Remote switch is white and has "MAGNUM" printed on it.

We have no idea what the two middle switches do (we flipped them on/off while looking around outside/inside), nor what the Remote switch does.

I also discovered two switches on the bottom of the first step leading up to the front living area. I'm at a loss for those two as well.

Picture is attached.

Thanks for any and all helpful suggestions!

See you down the road,
Davis and Sue

gwalter

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
We had the 2 switches on the stairs in our Elkridge. One was for the hall ceiling light by the bathroom, and the other one turned on a light under the steps on the outside below the door.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Hello Davis and Sue and congratulations on your new rig.
I've moved your post to the Landmark discussion area as another Landmark owner should have an answer for you.
I've also bypassed permissions so you will now be able to post a picture of the switches in question.

Peace
Dave

wallaced

We had the 2 switches on the stairs in our Elkridge. One was for the hall ceiling light by the bathroom, and the other one turned on a light under the steps on the outside below the door.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks!

I'll run out to the RV and see if that works...

Davis

danemayer

Hi Davis and Sue,

The Remote (Magnum) switch is for the inverter that powers your residential refrigerator when not on shore power. There are times where you may have to manually start or stop the inverter. You can read all about this in our owner-written Residential Refrigerator Guide.

The 2 mystery switches in between the slides and Remote may be for awning LEDs and an outlet outside near the front of the awning. If they light up when turned on, they could be for the Yeti Option (holding tank heating pads and heat tape on the fresh water line).

And as Gregg mentioned, re: switches at floor level, one may turn on the light behind the entry steps. The other may turn on floor-level night lights.